This job posting has expired
Embedded Software Engineer
Location : Portsmouth
Headquarters : Leiden, Netherlands
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Working in our ADG (Advanced Development Group), we’re looking for Embedded Software Engineers to join a team working on leading edge communication Software Defined Radio (SDR) solutions. The ADG group spearhead our innovative unique solutions, using the latest technology available.
- To work on embedded software projects in the field of communications and SDR. The candidate will form part of a fast moving agile team developing unique projects to some of our most important customers. The role will focus on embedded software and will include working closer with and possibly incorporating firmware development.
- Successful candidates will need to gain UK SC Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
- Development of embedded software/firmware prototypes in an agile environment
- Testing of solutions, including lab and field testing
- Group activities to analyse customer needs and define solutions
- Support demonstration of solution to customers
- Further development of proven prototypes to a deployment standard
- Development of software in a real-time embedded environment using Linux (e.g. Microblaze or RISC-V using C/C++)
- Agile development and tools (JIRA/Confluence Wiki/Bitbucket)
- Design using SysML/UML
- Experience in Waveform, DSP, Software Defined Radio or a similar technical areas
- Background of integrating software with FPGA developments
- Strong familiarity with VHDL and/or Verilog field programmable gate array (FPGA) firmware development is desirable
- Any experience with MATLAB/Simulink, Xilinx Vivado, Vivado HLS or HDL Coder is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree with modules covering aspects of these requirements. (E.g. Computer Science, Digital Electronics or similar) or sufficient experience in these areas.
- A competitive salary with annual profit share
- An ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Very strong, very real career development options across our transnational, market leading company
- A hybrid working pattern of 2 to 3 days per week in the office and 2 to 3 days remotely
- Flexible hours - 37 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!
- Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
- Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
- Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
- Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
Computing&Comm and Info& Data Processing <JF-EN-EB>
- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
- Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
- Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to email@example.com .