This job posting has expired
IOT Cloud Architect
Location : London
Headquarters : Stamford, Connecticut, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Mid Level
- At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business and building our future on one clear purpose – to deliver a smoke-free future.
- With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
- PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fuelled by technology.
- The total transformation we’re going through means that there are unique IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
- To join us in IT you’ll need to be driven and equally happy whether you’re taking the strategic view or diving deep into processes. We'll make sure you're set up to succeed whatever your project is, our culture is agile and collaborative, and we genuinely believe our people are some of the best you’ll ever work with.
- The IOT Cloud Architect has full accountability for the e2e architecture of the IoT Cloud and IoT Data solutions acting as a SME for any topic related to the platform, its components and integrations with other platforms, apps and IoT devices.
- The IoT Cloud Architect is expected to work closely with the wider IoT in the understanding of business demands and the translation of such demands in detailed architecture artefacts including e2e cloud diagrams, sequence diagrams, flow diagrams, data entity specification, UML documentation, API specifications, for the delivery team to do their work effectively and following agile principles.
- The IoT Cloud Architect will work within the IoT architecture team and will liaise with wider PMI technology groups and InfoSec to make sure every solution is aligned with Enterprise Architecture principles and standards, following the vision of architecture leadership teams and considering InfoSec requirements and NFRs.
- Act as a technical expert. Lead the e2e solution architecture of the IoT Cloud (based on AWS), responsible for maintaining the as-is and to-be IoT core architecture and producing solution artifacts to address business and technical requirements (e.g. e2e sol. diagrams, sequence diagrams, swagger, etc.) required to support any change including but not limited to new IoT services, capabilities and enhancement of current platform following agile ways of working.
- Keeping constant communication with the agile delivery teams to ensure they have the right understanding of the proposed solution and ensuring the deliverables of the dev team address the expectations, being responsible for approving stories during technical demos, in preparation to e2e QA and releasing to production environment. Actively participate in ‘scrum’ and 'kanban' ceremonies to align activities with the rest of the IoT team members
- Liaise with key partners from business functions, request information needed in timely manner, provide answers to their questions, raise risk opportunely, participate in planning sessions, elaborate high level assessments.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the IoT architecture components, including technical understand of all cloud components, their integrations and integration with other technology components in the consumer landscape; whilst also keeping up-to-date with AWS service launches and improvements that can be applied in the architecture.
- Lead on IoT Solution Architecture discussions, providing advanced technical guidance, coaching and peer-reviewing the work done by other solutions architects (permanents or contractors).
- Keep track of security and compliance requirements, accountable for periodic assessment of compliance and security guidelines. Define and integrate security-by-design & privacy-by-design requirements and considerations into solutions during their definition, and across the delivery cycle.
- Validate all proposed solutions with the Solution Architecture chapter, extended architecture board and InfoSec IoT architects.
- Work within the principles, standards, and guidelines of PMI's Enterprise Architecture organisation
- 8+ years of experience as a Solution Architect, Cloud Architect and/or Solution Designer for major technology organizations.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in specific technology area(s) including AWS Cloud (Serverless, Lambda python and node.js, API Gateway, DynamoDB, IAM, Kinesis, IoT Core, SNS, SQS, AWS Events Bridge), RESTFul APIs specification, swagger, richardson maturity model, IoT Core services, Jira/Confluence, Jenkins, CI/CD.
- Proven experience developing in python and/or node.js (although the position does not imply software development, know-how in this area is fundamental)
- Exposure to Global environment, successfully delivering large solutions for consumers.
- University degree in Computer Science / Information Systems
- AWS certified Solution Architect Professional.
- Our success depends on the people who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to try new things, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.