This job posting has expired
Applications Engineer, Sr II, Signoff/PrimeTime
Location : Sunnyvale, CA
Headquarters : Mountain View, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Senior Level
- At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
- Our Customer Success Group is all about delivering high value solutions to our customers while driving growth. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of applications engineering team that supports the industry leading Static Timing Analysis tool, Primetime. The primary focus of the Application Engineer (AE) is to drive increased usage of the product in both pre-sale and post-sale capacity. Pre-sales tasks include competitive benchmarks and evaluation, articulating the superiority to our customer’s design team and management. Post-sales tasks include customer training, tapeout support and advance collaboration initiatives for product enhancements. The job involves working closely with users/customers and multiple organizations like R&D, marketing, and sales among others.
- We’re looking for an ECO/Physical Implementation expert to join a world-class AE team responsible for driving adoption of our industry-leading Static Timing Analysis and ECO solution.
- In this role, you will be an Applications Engineer who will play a critical role in our Customer Success Organization enabling the success of our customers in taping out advanced chips on leading-edge process technologies.
- You will provide technical and engineering insight and direction to improving usability, applicability, and adoption of static timing and ECO products, platforms, and solutions to meet the customer business needs.
- Work directly with Research and Development (R&D) to develop and implement our technical roadmap, specifications, and validation for improvements and enhancements.
- Partner with customers and Sales to identify business challenges, develop effective technical solutions, and increase utilization and retention of products on current accounts.
- Use in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise and support for our top customers.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues on customer designs.
- The ideal candidate should have deep domain knowledge in STA and participated in multiple chip tapeouts preferably at 16nm or below nodes. Design experience should include timing closure, ECO flow, and physical design expertise.
- BSEE or equivalent, required with 7+ years of experience, or MSEE, or equivalent with 5+ years of experience
- Deep Synopsys STA, ECO, and physical design closure experience
- Knowledge of timing corners/modes, process variations and signal integrity related issues
- Good understanding of the RTL2GDS flows and methodologies.
- Strong tcl knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for world-class customer service
- Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability
- United States
- Applications Engineering