Mobility & Access Consulting Systems Engineer
Location : Ontario
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Systems Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- This position supports the Canada - Sales Operation and must reside within the territory, preferably Toronto.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
- Aruba is redefining the "Intelligent Edge" Aruba is creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces - leading next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform businesses with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity. We help some of the largest and most exciting companies globally to modernize their networks to meet the demands of a digital future.
- As a Consulting Systems Engineer – Mobility & Access, the incumbent will be responsible for managing pre-sales technical & functional support to sales teams, partners, prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. With a proven track record of successful sales support activity, the Consulting Systems Engineer will present and articulate the capabilities and values of an HPE Aruba Solution versus that of our competitors. The incumbent will work with HPE Aruba’s Territory Managers, Systems Engineers and Sales Leadership to qualify opportunities and convert leads into successful engagements.
- The Consulting Systems Engineer must combine excellent sales support and consultative skills with an expert understanding of advanced and emerging technologies with an emphasis on our HPE Aruba’s “Cloud First/Mobility First” architecture for campus and distributed branch networks. The CSE should be well versed and able to provide solutions across all product offerings from HPE Aruba.
- This Consulting Systems Engineer will proactively support an opportunity pipeline and drive through the sales process to closure. This expert level position requires the ability to lead in a team sales environment and to collaborate on the development of innovative, tailored solutions for both clients and prospects. Incumbents must know how to gather the client data required to effectively tailor a solution. Solution selling is a must, and incumbents need to understand the various ways a solution may be delivered and have the ability to anticipate what will work best for a given client. By combining technical expertise with business acumen, this role provides vital, detailed information about how HPE Aruba solutions deliver business value to our clients.
- You will possess expert competitive knowledge including solutions, technology, and product offerings of HPE Aruba
- You will perform an expert level of technical presentations for customers, partners, and potential prospects.
- You will actively practice and disseminate HPE Aruba SE culture in your territory.
- You will provide Technical Interviews and assessment to the Systems Engineering Manager & Operations Director in the process of SE recruiting and hiring.
- You will provide input to the Systems Engineering Manager(s) with the yearly SE Focal Review
- You will process and associated tasks.
- You will provide training as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assist with SE new hire on-boarding and mentor new hire SE’s in your territory.
- You will actively support the AMS SE Specialization ASSET Teams effort as Subject Matter Expert (SME) by delivering technical sessions, developing Technical sales content, SE enablement content, lab exercises and other materials.
- You will be an active participant in recurring AMS CSE meetings at headquarters.
- You will be an active participant in recurring CSE team staff calls and PLM CSE Update calls with the SE Director.
- Your primary engagements should be strategic in nature & reserved for our largest customers and prospects.
- You will own and assist with winning strategic Page 2-3-4 deals and building ongoing customer technical relationships.
- You will develop and build strategic corporate relationships with Aruba TAC, HTS, Engineering, ACE, Product Management, and Technical Marketing.
- You will provide input to the Product Management team(s) with input on customer needs/requirements, new features requested (RFEs) and overall product functionality including identification of competitive gaps.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a master’s degree; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of infrastructure engineering and 4+ years’ experience with successful pre-sales support.
- Expert level oral & written communication, organizational, presentation, prioritization, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be customer focused and have the ability to design and manage solutions to complex technical issues using the full range of HPE Aruba products and solutions.
- Ability to interface with senior levels of internal / external organizations is required.
- Ability to mentor more junior Systems Engineers in the assigned territory is required.
- At least one or more expert level certifications are required for this level (CCIE, CWNE, ACMX, ACDX, ACCX, ACSX or ACEX)
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
- HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
- This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office