Sr Lead Engineer - IoT
Location : Hyderabad, Telangana
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Qualcomm is enabling an IoT ecosystem of 13,000+ IoT customers to date, helping to accelerate the digital transformation and development of connected products. Qualcomm IOT Software Team is on a journey to transform smart homes, industries and smart cities by bringing premium wireless connectivity and high-end compute solutions to a wide range of devices. These latest IoT solutions are purpose-built to help meet the needs of the expanding IoT ecosystem for key segments including transportation and logistics, warehousing, video collaboration, smart cameras, retail, healthcare and more.
- IOT Media and Frameworks team is part of IOT software team which works on development of powerful yet power-efficient, and interoperable yet highly secure, end-to-end platform solutions that support all the required ecosystems catering to various business segments including Smart Camera, Home Entertainment, Video Collaboration, Retail and Robotics products. Everyone needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and cooperate in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. Being ready to jump into the unknown and take on problems spanning various domains and technology areas is the most critical skill.
- As part of multi-skilled IOT platform team, working across different tech areas on various Linux based operating systems.
- Bring-up of new platforms/chipsets/OS for IOT products.
- Feature development for Android and Linux based Snapdragon products.
- Contributing to end-to-end software execution of Qualcomm SoC based IOT products.
- Ensuring that the product deliverables are made on-time, and are competitive with respect to functionality, stability and performance.
- Working closely with geographically distributed core & execution teams spread across time-zones.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Strong development experience (2-6 years) with C/C++ and good programming skills.
- Good understanding of multi-threading, OS concepts/fundamentals.
- Hands-on development experience on Android/Ubuntu platform software stack.
- Understanding of Linux related concepts like systemd, SELinux, Snaps, Snapcraft, Sandboxing, Container, Docker, etc. is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting software and system issues.
- Deductive problem solving, good verbal and written communication skills for collaboration across teams.
- Strong aptitude, quick learner, self-motivated, willing to explore and work across breadth of various technology areas.
- Working experience with Ubuntu/Ubuntu Core and snap packaging.
- Understanding of Linux kernel and internals.
- Know-how of SOC systems and related concepts, including bring-up.
- Understanding of atleast one Multimedia subsystem like Camera, Video, Audio, Display and Graphics.
- Hands-on experience with full software development life cycle including design, implementation, deployment and support.
- Mathematical Methods, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), Scientific Analysis, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Software Solutions
- Applicants: If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodation support
- To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
- If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.