Senior Metrology Engineer (E3)
Location : Santa Clara, CA
Headquarters : Santa Clara, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Senior Level
- Data collection
- Coordinate measuring machine
- Applied Materials is shaping future tech trends by turning breakthrough ideas into reality. Our expertise in materials engineering is the foundation that computers, mobile devices and flat panel displays — products touched daily by billions of people all over the world — are built on. Join us and become a part of the next wave of engineering that makes possible AI/ML, big data, autonomous vehicles, AR/VR, IoT and more.
- While virtually every nationality, culture, and background are currently represented within Applied Materials, we strive for a more robust Culture of Inclusion (COI) and diversity. Leveraging our COI vision helps drive innovation, build organizational capabilities, create equal opportunities for everyone, and achieve our company’s definition of Winning.
- In the Office of the CTO, we are focused on bringing Applied Materials innovations to new and adjacent markets. Our Engineered Optics team is creating new super thin (sub micron) optical surfaces based on nanometer-sized structures on transparent substrates (known as “metasurface based optics” or “flat optics”), which manipulate light in the deep sub wavelength domain and enable previously impossible capabilities. These components will be the most fundamental change in optics in hundreds of years and could be deployed in AR/VR devices, cameras, projectors, sensors, and a host of yet to be imagined opportunities — there is endless potential.
- Our dedicated and talented team is working to perfect this new technology. If you’re an entrepreneurial-oriented, enthusiastic Sr. Metrology Engineer for dimensional, defect and cosmetic metrology, who is willing to learn and challenge yourself in creating cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the field of optics — we want you to be a part of our team.
- Metrology development for process monitoring and improvement
- Metrology recipe creation for dimensional, defect and cosmetic inspection
- Design, collect data, analyze and compile reports on a wide range of complex process engineering experiments for multiple products, within safety guidelines
- Utilize techniques to characterize hardware, define methods and apply new technologies to characterize hardware, and/or perform hardware characterization on a wide range of complex systems for multiple products, within safety guidelines
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations, technical reports and generate process engineering specifications
- Develop, plan and execute engineering projects, within safety guidelines
- Develop and mature processes that meet customer specs
- Interact with customers to resolve a wide range of complex process engineering issues/problems
- Design and implement new technology, products and analytical instrumentation
- Identify, select and work with vendors and suppliers
- Gage R&R and Statistical Process Control
- Data analysis using python / jmp / etc.
- Hands-on experiences setting up metrology equipment and processes
- Experiences in the following areas are a big plus: CMM, OMM, AOI, micro- and nano-scale manufacturing.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Problem Solving
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years
- Yes, 10% of the Time
- Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.