Embedded Linux Firmware Engineer
Location : Hyderabad, Telangana
Headquarters : Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Firmware Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- You will join a dynamic team of software developers to develop software modules on Embedded Linux or TI RTOS platforms primarily using C++ programming language to control, manage and drive advanced Mass Spectrometry instrument software and their workflows. Develop device drivers, instrument control modules, control and drive robotic interfaces to the instruments. Responsible for design, development, implementation and unit testing of embedded software. The software controls various systems and devices like RF generators, motors, pumps, heaters, and other peripherals for processing of samples and generating analytical data.
- Responsible for design, development, implementation and unit testing of Embedded Linux firmware for mass spectrometer products.
- Work with global software team members to deliver complete and high-quality instrument control software applications to schedule and specification.
- Captures requirements & derive technical specifications to be implemented.
- Provides estimates on planning of these requirements.
- Clearly articulates test cases with pass criteria. Performs testing, documents test results, reviews the test data & analyses failures interdependently with root cause and counter measures to fix the issues
- Leverages peer review & communicates openly to find options to simplify tasks. Adopt platform strategy and practice standard design rules/patterns
- Constant learner to become a Subject Matter Expert.
- Candidate Educational & Professional Experience Requirement:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with Electronics / Computer Science/Computer Applications with 5 to 8 years of experience in relevant software industry.
- Aware of different controllers & clearly understands critical architectures.
- Able to independently write complex C++ & C programs.
- Experience in application development and Linux device driver development in kernel mode.
- Experience with Uboot, Buildroot or Yocto etc.
- Experience in Board bring up and OS porting is a plus
- Very good with data structures, design patterns, object-oriented design and algorithms used in programming.
- Very strong with network programming using TCP/IP, USB interfaces, Serial interfaces.
- Experienced in various bus interfaces like CAN, SPI and I2C.
- Self-driven, creative and can work independently to drive timely closure on projects/activities with high quality.
- Clearly understands different options & utilizes optimization techniques
- Can define infra needs & clearly knows deployment schemes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to review and evaluate code and writings of others.