IoT Solutions Engineer
Location : Seattle, WA 98109
Headquarters : Seattle, WA 98109, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Senior Level
- Technical sales
- Network engineering
- Computer networking
- Teal Communications, Inc. is an Internet of Things (IoT) company located in Seattle, Washington that is looking for a motivated and experienced IoT Solutions Engineer to join the team. The ideal candidate will have 4-7 years’ experience in a technical solutions engineer role in the telecommunications or Internet of Things (IoT) industry. The IoT Solutions Engineer will report to the Sr. Product Lead and enhance the customer experience through pre- and post-sales efforts.
- The IoT Solutions Engineer will help troubleshoot technical sales escalations, working to provide solutions for successful customer product implementations. The hire may also be asked to provide occasional limited onsite support for Tier-1 customer rollouts. Typical pre-/post-sales support includes gaining an understanding of the customer's product strategy and analyzing the customer's testing and deployment challenges. The IoT Solutions Engineer is a wireless data subject matter expert on current and future wireless technologies. The ideal candidate has experience with M2M, IoT, eSIM/eUICC technologies.
- Familiarity with basic data packet layer networking concepts such as SGW/PGW, CGNAT, TCP/IP, MQTT, and CoAP all the way down to the data schemas a customer might use is a big plus. The IoT Solutions Engineer will often lead the coordination of cross functional teams including sales, engineering, operations and customer support for pre-/post-sales efforts. Individuals who thrive at Teal Communications exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Results Focus, Hard Working, Critical Thinking, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, and Intellectual Curiosity.
- Technical onboarding and implementation support for new M2M/IoT customers.
- Pre- and post-sales technical SME for US and international sales efforts.
- Engage with Account Executives to understand deal statuses and next steps
- Leverage technical knowledge of eSIM, IoT, and networking to overcome customer barriers and challenges during the product onboarding, implementation, and deployment process
- Send emails and conduct calls with prospects and customers as requested by VP of Sales or Account Executives.
- Services management for implementation support and new device testing.
- Become the trusted technical advisor for key decision makers (CEOs, CTOs, CIOs)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 4-7 years’ experience In Telecommunications, IT Administration or Network Engineering roles with a professional track record of successful technical leadership involving network and application troubleshooting skills.
- Deep technical understanding of eSIM and the Internet of Things (IoT) industry.
- Previous experience in a technical solutions engineer or technical sales role is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to communicate with all levels within the firm.
- This hire will receive a base salary and equity package DOE with 100% of employee healthcare, vision and dental premiums paid for by Teal. Teal Communications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Minimum 4-7 years’ experience
- Software, Telecommunications, IoT
- Engineering, Sales, Product