Creative Visualization Designer: Still Image Creation
Location : Warren
Headquarters : Detroit, Michigan, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- GM Design's Global Creative Visualization (GCV) Group is seeking a Creative Visualization Designer for its Art Direction and Enhancement Team. AD&E team members create beautiful imagery while also adding character and emotion to represent GM Design’s vision of products, and their associated brands.
- Creative Visualization Designers within Design’s GCV team are skilled artists both in CGI image creation and photo retouching. This position offers potential career growth.
- Applicants for this position must demonstrate photorealism in execution, as well as the ability to match reference. Designers must also be able to concept and implement contemporary creative images.
- We believe work-life balance is essential to a team member’s success and job satisfaction. That is why this position allows some work flexibility and uses the Hybrid Work Appropriately Model to ensure our diverse team has good work-life balance! Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
- Working closely with Vehicle and Product Designers to intimately understand a vehicle and develop the best possible representation in imagery.
- Creative pitches to studio team members and leadership around proposed executions, with well thought out, achievable artistic choices.
- Photorealistic, emotional, and contemporary executions.
- Ownership and accountability for cradle to the grave asset creation. From data harvesting/prep, creative development, and feedback integration, to final output and mastering.
- Collaborating cross functionally within GCV on Animation, Video, Photography and Art Direction as well as across Global Design reacting to unique project challenges.
- An open and positive attitude to feedback and the changing dynamics of creating imagery on vehicles in development.
- Being organized, detailed-driven with complex information.
- A strong interest in current visual trends.
Experience, Education and Training:
- College degree with a major in an Art/Design based field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to follow Art Direction and excellent communications skills, both listening and verbalizing.
- Strong understanding of digital image processing, formatting, and manipulation.
- Folio of retouching and photorealistic CGI executions, as well as examples of creative process.
- Demonstrable 3d Rendering skills with high end software. Maya/Vred/Unreal preferred. *You must submit a portfolio to be considered for this position.*
- To be considered for this position, you will need to submit a portfolio in addition to your resume and profile. You may include a link to your online portfolio in your resume or the "website" section of the application OR if your portfolio is not available online, please follow the instructions below to upload your portfolio as a separate attachment as you did with the resume.
- 1. Save your portfolio as a pdf document
- 2. Name your portfolio your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. Example: Candidate name is John Smith. Portfolio pdf file name is: Smith, John.pdf
- 3. Upload as an attachment - you may have to condense the file.
- Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
- We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
- The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
- General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
- The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Related Jobs
- Warren / Creative Design Group
- Creative Designer Interior or Exterior
- Warren / Creative Design Group
- Creative Designer - Exteriors
- Warren / Creative Design Group
- Must be able to comply with GM’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy How General Motors Is Making a Difference During COVID-19 (gm.com) unless approved for an exemption from specific policy requirements due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.