ASIC Design Engineer - Networking R&D
Location : Roseville, CA 95747
Headquarters : Santa Clara, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Analysis skills
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
- Aruba is redefining the "Intelligent Edge" Aruba is creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces - leading next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility, and the IoT to transform businesses with the combined power of computing, context, control, and secure connectivity. We help some of the largest and most exciting companies globally to modernize their networks to meet the demands of a digital future.
- Are you looking to lead innovations that redefines a multi-billion-dollar enterprise business? Do you want to work at a company that’s driven by its vision of “customer first customer last” and a culture that puts human relationships and succeeding as a team as core values?
- Aruba is the enterprise edge division of HPE and prides itself as the biggest small company. We think like big company and act like a startup. Aruba is at a cusp of breaking out in the businesses it serves and you have an opportunity to lead the change.
Job Family Definition:
- Designs, analyzes, develops, modifies and evaluates VLSI components and hardware systems. Determines architecture and logic design, design verification through software developed for component and system simulation, and builds physical implementations through development of multidimensional designs involving the layout of complex integrated circuits. Analyzes designs to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results to enable prototype and production VLSI solutions. May direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Provides technical expertise to a project team of Electronic and VLSI engineers along with development partners responsible for all stages of VLSI design and development for complex products, solutions, and platforms, including design, validation, and testing.
- Collaborates and communicates with management and internal partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the team for all phases of larger and more complex VLSI development projects.
- Participates as an independent member of project team of other VLSI engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for VLSI prototypes and products.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff members.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer engineering or equivalent
- 0-6 years of experience in VLSI design, verification, or implementation
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals, VLSI principles, digital logic, and computer architecture
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong experience in designing VLSI components, integrated circuitry, architectures and algorithms.
- Strong knowledge of a programming and scripting, hardware description language, electronic design automation (EDA), and/or FPGA tools. Coursework in VLSI design or VLSI concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Subject matter knowledge in major areas of responsibility. Growing breadth of understanding and a depth of specific expertise.
What we can offer you:
- Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
- If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Find out more about us and follow us on:
- HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBTand Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
- This role has been designated as ‘Office’, which means you will primarily work from an HPE office.