Fall 2022 Co-op: DevOps Analyst
Location : Brampton, ON
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Intern
Hiring Role : DevOps Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
- We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
- Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
- Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
- Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
- At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
- Channel IT - Our team aims to deliver a seamless sales and service experience to our frontline agents who assist our customers in the Care, Field and Retail settings. The primary focus will be in a DevOps analyst capacity supporting next-generation solutions delivered to our frontline staff.
- Business IT – Supports small/medium businesses and corporate customers by delivering exciting new products leveraging innovative tech such as IOT, 5G and many other next gen services. We deliver using modern software engineering through cloud native development.
- We’re looking for someone who loves technology, is curious and confident, and can bring a business lens to the technology problems we are trying to solve. It’s a fast paced environment and you’ll contribute to our technology strategy, analysis and business case development.
- You will conduct research into new technology areas. Technical topics of study may include topics such as: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Native Development, Customer 360, Order Management, etc.
- You will create strategy documents which include defining a problem statement, completing quantitative and qualitative analysis, and making recommendations.
- You will define new DevOps capabilities/processes, create data analysis and models, business cases to support the necessary implementations or change.
- You will work with different teams across the organization including enterprise architecture, engineering, and finance and present your research and work.
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Business or equivalent.
- Strong Java and Python Knowledge is required.
- Advanced level in Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- DevOps including design and development of CI/CD experience in an agile/iterative delivery structure and is viewed as a subject matter expert.
- Any CLOUD knowledge or experience is an asset.
- Proven analytical, financial modeling and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communications (written & oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about learning new technologies, languages, and tools.
- A mindset of creativity, innovation, and an energetic drive to succeed.
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
- As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.
- Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
- Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment