Software Developer, Fall 2022 Co-op
Location : Kitchener, ON
Headquarters : Kitchener, Canada
Hiring Mode : Intern
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Join our Product Development team as a Software Developer and help improve the way the world learns!
- D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
- New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
- D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
- D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
- A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
- Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for students who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people, like you, opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
- We are looking for passionate developers to help influence and advance future versions of our Brightspace software. You’ll thrive in our agile culture, where teams speak freely and collaborate to solve interesting problems, and will be constantly learning and looking for ways to innovate. If you get stuck, you can work with your assigned mentor to figure out the best way to proceed.
- The challenges and responsibilities given, ability to learn new things, and work on meaningful product that reaches over 15 million learners daily, are just a few of the things that set D2L apart as a student employer.
- At D2L, you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies to build highly scalable and fault tolerant systems. On the backend, our product is built on the .NET stack, but we have a growing ecosystem of cloud-native services built on the AWS platform leveraging technologies such as Node.js, SNS, SQS, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Serverless (Lambda), etc. On the front-end we use Polymer and other web frameworks to build engaging and responsive web apps. We also build native mobile apps in Kotlin and Swift. Ultimately, we strive to use the most appropriate technologies to achieve our goal of changing the way the world learns. You don't need to know how to use these yet, we'll help you learn!
- You have a strong entrepreneurial drive, an enthusiastic and dedicated mindset and a thirst for a challenge. The ability to think on your feet and work successfully both in independent and team-settings is essential. At D2L, our co-ops have a voice and are able to quickly contribute to their team's objectives (we don’t have “co-op projects”, you’ll be working on real deliverables).
- Education Recommendations
- Currently a candidate for Bachelor's degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field with the Co-op option
- We offer our Co-ops monthly internet reimbursement, monthly co-op events, and opportunity for remote work! Plus, we're always hiring superstar New Grads, so get a step ahead of the rest by networking within D2L on your work term.
- Check out our social media sites and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to learn more about why applying to D2L is a great choice.
- At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.