Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : San Francisco, CA
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- At the heart of the Affinity product, you’ll find a number of foundational back-end engineering challenges: everything from ingesting and processing billions of data points in real-time, to building robust, scalable, and secure infrastructure, to supporting lightning-fast queries across large datasets. Our back end is where the magic that powers Affinity’s relationship intelligence is created and honed.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you’ll leverage your past experiences and deep understanding of back-end technologies to help shape and execute Affinity's roadmap for data flow and system architecture. You’ll play a significant role in defining the future of how businesses around the world use their relationships.
- Design and implement the powerful, robust, and performant back-end systems that ingest, process, and analyze massive datasets to enable Affinity's relationship intelligence.
- Collaborate with a world-class engineering team where you'll have the opportunity to learn from a wide variety of experiences and, of course, share your own.
- You have 3+ years of back-end development experience.
- You're comfortable with the building blocks of modern back-end systems, such as caching, messaging, horizontally scalable data infrastructure, event-driven architecture, and beyond.
- You take pride in delivering successful features, building robust, performant systems, and championing technical excellence.
- You value mentorship and helping the engineers around you grow
- You're excited to work collaboratively within engineering and across functional teams.
- You’re eager to contribute your ideas and experiences to help Affinity continuously improve as a product and as a company.
- You have some experience working with large, multi-terabyte datasets.
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Ruby, Python, PostgresSQL, Spark
- Comfortable documenting design proposals, architecture decisions, designs etc.
- Interest in data/computer science ethics, and familiarity with OWASP and data security/privacy best practices (e.g. California privacy law, GDPR, etc.).
- Experience with using an ORM for data modelling and database queries.
- Experience in curating data quality/data lineage.
- Exposure to entity resolution problems.
- Tech stack
- Our application layer includes both an apache Spark-based data pipeline written in Python, as well as Ruby/Postgres web frameworks running our core web service. Our infrastructure is hosted by AWS and runs on Kubernetes. To learn more about our tech, check out our Building Affinity blog.
- We live our values as playmakers who are obsessed with learning, care personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- Health Care coverage and flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- We provide an annual budget for you to spend on education and offer a comprehensive L&D program – after all, one of our core values is that we’re #obsessedwithlearning!
- We support our employee’s overall health and well-being and reimburse monthly for things such as; Transportation, Home Internet, Meals, and Wellness memberships/equipment.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is essential.
- We are passionate about helping dealmakers in the world’s biggest relationship-driven industries to find, manage, and close the most important deals. Our Relationship Intelligence platform uses the data exhaust of trillions of interactions between Investment Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Consultants, and other strategic dealmakers with their networks to deliver automated relationship insights that drive over 450,000 deals every month. We have raised over $120M and are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s best firms. With over 1700 customers in 70 countries on our platform, a 4.8 Star Glassdoor rating and being ranked in the Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies, we need more great people to help us scale even more.
- The more diverse our team is, the more we’ll be able to learn from each other, and the better our company and our product will be. Whatever your gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, veteran status, favorite Spotify playlist, or social, cultural, and economic background, we can’t wait to welcome you to Affinity!