Engineer I - Software
Location : Pella, IA
Headquarters : Pella, Iowa, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Vermeer equips customers doing important work around the world. We are global, driven by innovation and growing. The equipment we make manages natural resources, connects people and feeds and fuels communities. We live out a caring culture, we demonstrate agility, we keep a focus on customers and are stewards of our resources. These beliefs drive our culture, determine how we treat others and steer our business.
- The Engineer I - Software provides and utilizes technical skills across the life cycle of programming requests including, but not limited to, design, programming, documentation, testing, implementation and support. This role works directly with several departments to meet their specific programming requests.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Exhibit the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors.
- Analyze, define, and document software requirements for workflow, logical processes, and interfaces with other systems.
- Design new applications based on provided functional requirements documents.
- Maintain and enhance existing application programs as requested. Develop and implement program code based on design specifications using accepted programming techniques and standards such as pair programming, TDD development.
- Create and maintain all necessary application and program documentation.
- 4-year college degree in Computer Sciences, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years' programming experience; and/or a combination of education and experience required.
- Experience in developing, deploying, debugging and/or consuming cloud applications and REST API’s (Azure preferred).
- Demonstrated experience developing one or more types of applications, such as mobile, web, cloud applications and web services using different framework (e.g. .NET, Angular).
- Knowledge of scripting languages and data serialization formats, including PowerShell, Python, Bash, JSON, and YAML.
- Extensive experience with CI/CD tools (Such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Azure DevOps), source code version control tools (such as Git, Azure Repo) and distribution pipeline to deploy applications.
- Experience with one or more operating systems, such as RTOS, Ubuntu, Android and iOS.
- Working experience with different databases (such as Relational, NoSql).
- Ability to optimize the solutions according to business requirements.
- Working experience with IoT and embedded system.
- Experience with unit and End-to-End software testing.
- Knowledge of key cloud components and key features of cloud service providers.
- Experience with different environments, such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge in the area(s) of programming languages and databases.
- Experience meeting and managing project deadlines.
- Demonstration of strong organizational skills; ability to work effectively under stress; ability to effectively manage programming requests simultaneously.
- Demonstration of good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Able to maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness with internal stakeholders and peers.
- Up to 10% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.
- HYBRID: Some of a team member’s day-to-day work may be best done at a location other than a Vermeer campus. Discuss specific arrangements with your manager.
- At Vermeer Corporation, we believe in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions at (641) 621-8767 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- .Interested? We’d love to get to know you.