Senior Compiler Engineer / Member of Technical Staff
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Alameda, California, United State
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Senior Level
- In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
- Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion, and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
- The Compiler Group works on compiler toolchains and programming languages for Wind River products including VxWorks and WR Linux. We build C/C++ toolchains based on open source LLVM and GCC technologies and proprietary technologies. We also maintain C/C++ libraries and enable modern programming languages like Rust.
- Your contribution in this role will impact the success of various Wind River products by improving support for new architecture variants, improve code size and performance and improving adherence to language standards and functional safety standards.
- Working in the compiler team, you will collaborate with various engineering teams in the Wind River engineering organization that work directly or indirectly with the toolchains and with the open-source community.
- Development and maintenance of the compiler toolchains used in the Wind River products.
- Working with the open-source community to make improvements the LLVM toolchain.
- Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Experience in compiler development, especially optimization and code generation
- Knowledge of LLVM internals
- Experience in contributing to open-source
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of PowerPC/ARM/Intel/RISC-V architecture is a major plus
- S./M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of industry compiler development experience
- Strong C/C++ programming experience