Wireless System Stability Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) team and be part of an outstanding team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. The WTE Frameworks and Services team is looking for a highly motivated and talented Software Engineer to help develop and maintain automation for all Apple platforms, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Mac OS, AirPods and iOS platforms. You should have excellent problem solving and communication skills. We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enriches people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. You should join Apple if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Deep knowledge of Cellular Radio Standards (5G NR, LTE, UMTS, CDMA etc).
- Understanding of 3GPP specifications
- Knowledge of mobile SW architecture
- Strong hands-on experience in Wireless System Testing, Stability/MTBF and/or Cellular System Stress testing.
- Analysis of test failures, issues and crashes, modem logs analysis and triage, followed by engagement with respective development teams to fix issues.
- Good knowledge of how to write testable code
- Exposure to modem bring-up from early development to maintenance phase
- Exposure to Tier 1 Mobile Operators across globe and IOT requirements testing
- Ability to work efficient with teammates who work remotely
- Good working experience with commercial test simulators and test systems such as: Keysight, R&S, Anritsu call boxes for lab validation.
- Knowledge in Test Automation and Scripting skills using Python.
- Good attention to detail, strong written and interpersonal skills
- - 10+ years of hands-on experience with testing cellular technologies (5G, LTE, UMTS, CDMA, IMS etc). - We are looking for a highly technical Cellular Software Test Engineer with excellent problem solving and communication skills. - You will join a diverse team responsible for qualifying the wireless features and software for the latest iPhones/iPads and Apple Watch product lines. - In this role you will be responsible for development of test plans and test methodology for the product stress test in multiple locations and multiple operators, as well as tests execution, working on automation frameworks/scripts, issues log analysis/debugging and test reporting
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Electronics & Communication engineering, or equivalent