Embedded Software Engineer
Location : Milwaukee, WI 53204
Headquarters : Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Rockwell Automation is a global leader in industrial automation and information solutions, where innovation is critical. With our Integrated Architecture™ control and information system, Intelligent Motor Control portfolio and components offering, we bring together products and technologies that shape our future — and help organizations achieve Smart, Safe, and Sustainable Manufacturing.
- We are a highly ethical company, named by Ethisphere as one of the world’s most ethical companies for the last 11 years.
- Interested in volunteerism? Each year, hundreds of Rockwell Automation employees donate their time and talent to make their communities and the world a better place. The Rockwell Automation Volunteer Recognition Program acknowledges the outstanding achievement of those who reach out to others and celebrated their stellar service.
- We promote a culture of inclusion – with over 12 affinity groups; Rockwell Automation seeks to improve the careers and engagement of our employees by advocating for an inclusive workplace culture.
- Provide technical leadership as a member of an Embedded Software Engineering team to perform complex work tasks in software development for embedded systems. This development will involve you advancing Rockwell Automation’s visualization portfolio. You will be developing features and improvements on our PanelView product line. This will include modern embedded operating systems applied to custom in-house hardware.
- Lead the design, development, troubleshooting and debugging of embedded software programs for enhancements or new products.
- Determine hardware compatibility and/or influence of hardware design.
- Utilize wide-ranging experience, professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Lead or participate in creation of or reviews of; documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation.
- Perform unit or functional testing of developed embedded software to ensure correct operation per functional requirements and compatibility with other components in the system.
- Contribute and influence embedded software development capability by keeping abreast of current trends in the areas of software development practices, technology utilization and development tools.
- Frequently interact with peers and customers to gain cooperation of others or conduct presentations of complex technical information/project activities. Establish operational objectives and work plans. Network with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Strong accountability to assignments, keeping in mind the guiding principles; Customer Focus, Sense of Urgency, Performance to schedule and quality.
- Minimum of a completed Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar Engineering discipline with a concentration in embedded software.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven technical leadership involving development of embedded systems involving software operating systems and digital hardware.
- Programming and development experience involving C and C++ is required.
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Proficiency in English language, both written and spoken.
- Windows 10 Skills (Preferred but not required)
- -IoT Enterprise development
- Iot Core development
- Operating system internals
- Desktop Kernel mode programing
- Desktop Driver development
- Computer architecture
- .net development
- UWP development
- WinRT development
- Advanced Win32 development skills
- ADK and IoT production tool development
- C++ skills
- High degree of C++ skills (Latest standards)
- STL ATL WTL
- cppwinrt development
- Windows CE
- Windows CE Kernel mode development
- Windows CE6, WEC7 and WEC2013 development
- Windows CE Driver development
- Windows CE BSP development
- This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor for position level and compensation
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
- If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7247.