Software Development Engineer
Location : Hillsboro, OR 97124
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Distributed systems
- Continuous integration
- Computer networking
- Designs, builds, and validates software that enables the interaction between system software (OS, drivers) and applications, including frameworks and runtime engines. Contributes to the development of external frameworks that enable others to optimize their software for Intel architectures. Partners with engineering and architecture teams across Intel, the open source community, and major customers to design, develop and optimize runtime libraries for threading and for distributed, multinode environments. May work within or across market segments including IOT, HPC, AI, cloud, edge, or networking to support distributed computing environments, centralized computing, rack scale computing, microservices, platform frameworks, oneAPI abstraction layers, or background services.
- You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates
- Bachelors Degree in with 3 years of experience or Masters with 2 years of experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Developing code in C language
- Python and Linux scripts
- Developing code in a Linux OS environment
- Experience using open source development and source control tools and processes
- Experience with Linux sysadmin
- Experience with the Linux RDMA subsystem programming interfaces for highspeed networks such as InfiniBand RoCE or OmniPath
- Experience with GPU programming
- Experience of network programming and network protocols
- Experience with Continuous Integration CI Tools
- Inside this Business Group
- The focus of Accelerated Computing Systems and Graphics (AXG) is to accelerate our execution in strategic growth areas of high-performance computing and graphics. AXG is chartered with delivering high performance computing and graphics solutions (IP, Software, Systems), for both integrated and discrete segments across client, enterprise and data center. Our mission is to make zeta-scale computing accessible to every human on the planet by the end of this decade and to entertain, educate and connect billions of people with buttery smooth visual experiences.
- US, Texas, Austin
- Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
- This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.