Location : Naperville, IL 60540
Headquarters : Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Firmware Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- The Central Digital Solution team, part of Ecolab’s Research, Development and Engineering organization, delivers solutions for Ecolab’s IoT systems. This position supports all Ecolab businesses, creating a dynamic, challenging, and varied work environment. The primary focus of the position is new product development of advanced control, communication equipment and monitoring systems.
- The Firmware/Software Engineer will develop designs, Proof of Concepts, and applications that support Ecolab’s digital transformation within the IoT domain. You will be part of a dynamic team and utilize a variety of technologies to solve Ecolab’s most advanced IoT problems. The environment is dynamic, the candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work independently or as part of a team. The work we do every day affects our customers and the world around you.
- This role is based out of our Naperville, IL Location
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
- Technical and project leadership of firmware development for embedded circuit control system, communication, and wireless technology projects, from concept to manufacturing
- Work on cross-functional teams to develop differentiated offerings
- Interact with hardware and software development team to develop, optimize, and qualify firmware designs
- Work closely with scientific research teams on developing innovative solutions to technical challenges in control and sensor technologies
- Explore technology innovations; identify and initiate technical projects/programs that will lead to product and technology innovation and/or improvement
- Options to work on software development including user interface, services, cloud integration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a technical degree
- 2 years working in C or C++ in embedded firmware development, this can include course work or internship(s).
- Experience in Microcontroller-based application development, this can include course work.
- Experience with embedded RTOS or bare-metal development.
- Experience in serial communication protocols, such as UART, SPI, I2C
- Demonstrated technical and project leadership expertise on complex control and monitoring equipment design projects
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, driving design work to completion and troubleshooting and solving challenging technical problems
- Experience designing with ARM based microcontrollers: Silicon Labs, TI, and/or Microchip processors and NXP iMX family-based SOMs; experience with embedded wireless technologies and associated IoT design projects
- Experience in Modbus RTU/TCP, CAN bus
- Experience with IoT device development and management, with knowledge in wireless
- technologies such as BLE, Bluetooth Mesh, LoRaWAN, LTE-M, NB-IoT
- Experience in supporting Embedded Firmware Platform, Board Support Package
- Experience in two or more of the following areas: bootstrap loader, embedded file systems,
- system controls, embedded Linux
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills with ability to clearly articulate technical subject matter; Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task on complex projects
- A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $13 billion and more than 47,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights, and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality, and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
- When you come to work at Ecolab, you get to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges and have the opportunity to learn and grow, shape your career, make an impact and quickly see the importance of your work.
- For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com. Follow us on Twitter @ecolab, Facebook at facebook.com/ecolab, LinkedIn at Ecolab or Instagram at Ecolab Inc
- Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
- If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
- Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
- Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab. You will be asked for proof of your vaccination status. All applicants should be aware that Ecolab is a federal contractor. If the federal contractor vaccine mandate is reinstated in its current form, all Ecolab employees will need to be vaccinated, or have an approved religious or medical accommodation in place.
- Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
- At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
- In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
- We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.