Security Operations Specialist
Location : Toronto, ON
Headquarters : Ottawa, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Security/Audit/Risk Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Great question! We are the technology arm of the Canada Post Group of companies. This includes Canada Post, Purolator, and SCI. By joining us you will be able to make a positive impact on how every Canadian delivers and receives their packages and mail. Next time you see your neighbor picking up their mail and receiving a package, you will be able to say “you’re welcome!”.
- As Technology evolves constantly, we invest in our High Performing Workforce with the Skills of Tomorrow through continuous learning and career growth within Innovapost, including access to LinkedIn Leaning, the new Degreed capability and a Leadership Developmental Program. We invest in Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, and provide continuous employee engagement to grow our business together.
- Do you like solving problems? Supporting the business and making them successful? Looking for new and creative ways to do things? Working as a team and independently, too? Then this job is for you!
- The Information Security Operations team is tasked with monitoring the security products deployed within the Canada Post Group of Companies’ networks to ensure we can detect and resolve security incidents. As a Security Operations Analyst you will use your technical skills to either be part of our Blue or Red Teams.
- Our Blue Team is the customer face of security, and is responsible for investigating and responding to security alerts; developing new alerts; managing EDR, Internet Filtering, Firewalls, SIEM, and Network monitoring
- Our Red Team is responsible for finding and validating vulnerabilities on our network and in our applications through vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
- Both teams are responsible for using their skills to hunt for threats and to raise and respond to security incidents.
- The Innovapost Security Operations team is a small and dedicated team working to support our security technologies including:
- 7 firewalls (3 vendors)
- 3 SWGs (3 vendors)
- 3 Logging solutions (3 vendors)
- 1 VA Tool
- Network AI
- Inbound and Outbound Email Security
- Cloud (1 primary)
- We are looking to compliment our team with a seasoned security professional with at least one of the following skill sets: Incident Responder, Threat Hunter, and/or penetration tester. The primary role will be identifying and responding to incidents.
- You will also be using our tools to hunt for and validate new industry trends (current exploit attempts, new malware), activities (new vulnerability notification, cyber alerts), or exploit attempts that may have gone unnoticed by our alerting systems; developing new threat alerts; and enhancing our threat monitoring systems/program.
- When a security incident occurs you will be responsible for assessing impact and risk; gathering and leading a team from various support teams including application development, networking and endpoints, and third party vendors; directing and supporting the team to identify root cause and remediate the threat; providing updates to management; and finally conducting a lessons learned session.
- Reverse engineering or malware research
- Exploit development
- Forensic investigations
- Active Defense
- Critical Skills, Competencies and Characteristics
- An Incident Response Team Commander, Threat Hunter, or Penetration Tester
- Able to hunt for new threats across disparate technologies
- Passionate about Information Security
- Curious to answer why
- Driven to find out how
- Interested to discover what
- Excited about where
- Openminded and an out of the box thinker
- Determined to understand what you don’t know
- A team player who can work independently, but know when to ask for help
- Able to present the right information to the right audience in the right format
- Experience in other areas of IT (development, support, networking, database, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages including API calls (Asset)
- Experience developing and performing Red Team (network and/or application testing with a focus on security; social engineering) exercises.
- Diploma or degree in engineering, computer science, business, or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in one or more technical areas of Information Security, Networking, Development
- Certifications including SANS, CISSP
- The work we do at Innovapost impacts every Canadian. To work with us, you must be eligible to obtain a Canada Post Reliability Security Clearance.
- Good luck! We are looking forward to meeting you, but unfortunately, we will not be able to meet all of you!
- Be Courageous
- Be Inclusive
- Be Curious