Engineer - API - Edge
Location : Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Dublin, Ireland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer in Eaton’s business, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
- Contribute to the software development efforts through the design and implementation of world class, high-performance platform firmware based on RTOS.
- Defines a structured software solution that meets the technical requirements and interfaces while optimizing performance, security & reusability.
- Translates requested business features into technical requirements and acceptance criteria used to direct development team and determine implementation completion
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering and test to create high quality products that solve customer problems.
- Develop and execute plans for incremental and interactive project delivery.
- Author high-quality unit-tested code and provide software re-use opportunities.
- Work with test team to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage with defined Software quality metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Preferred - Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 4+ years of design experience of embedded systems software - RTOS, C, C++, Python, data structures.
- RTOS - FreeRTOS and Zephyr (preferable)
- Industrial Ethernet protocols like EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP, Profinet, BACnet IP, 61850 and or device level field bus technologies -Modbus, Device Net, Profibus DP, BACNet, REST is preferred. Good knowledge on Linux (Driver, Kernel) , API based framrworks or SDK. Exposure to Software Monetization techniques with event driven stack development.
- Track record of demonstrated lauches of products
- Proven digitally savvy leader experienced in delivering monetized IoT products and services to market.
- Experienced with software estimation techniques, fieldbus protocols for industrial IoT products.
- Ability to work within matrixed environments.
- Proven track record of technically leading successful development teams.
- Expert level working knowledge of open source software, agile methodologies, design thinking techniques and ability to employ open, shared and saleable development principles within an enterprise.
- Empathizes and actively learns about customer’s needs and how they create value.
- Builds relationships outside of engineering teams to understand, influence, and serve as their advocate.
- Demonstrated experience in building organizational capabilities around technology; developments high performing talent and builds succession depth.
- Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
What you will get from us
- Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
- We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
- We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time