Staff Firmware Engineer, Applications
Location : Bangalore, India
Headquarters : San Jose, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Firmware Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Vocera, now part of Stryker, provides clinical communication and workflow solutions that help protect and connect team members, increase operational efficiency, enhance quality of care and safety, and humanize the healthcare experience. Nearly 2,800 facilities worldwide, including more than 2,300 hospitals and healthcare facilities, have selected Vocera solutions to enable their workforce to communicate and collaborate and engage with patients and families. In addition to healthcare, Vocera solutions are found in aged care facilities, veterinary hospitals, schools, luxury hotels, retail stores, power facilities, and more. Visit https://www.vocera.com/ for more information.
- Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopaedics and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. For more information, visit https://www.stryker.com/.
- Position Description: Vocera is seeking a highly motivated Staff Firmware Engineer with a strong background in UI development, Linux internals and experience developing embedded products on ARM processors to join our world class engineering team. You will be part of a team of electrical, mechanical, audio, RF, and application engineers developing mobile, wearable, communications product series. This role requires proven experience with embedded product development. You will provide key inputs to a team of engineers working to deliver Vocera’s wearable products. This position reports to Sr. Manager, Firmware Engineering.
- Develop and implement UI of application-firmware subsystems of mobile, wearable, embedded devices using C/C++ libraries like Qt.
- Fine tune Linux subsystems and UI software frameworks for optimal performance & resource utilization of firmware applications
- Provide technical leadership to team to develop state machines, device to server/cloud communication mechanisms
- Integrate different subsystems from individual workgroups in the team
- Work with customers and tech support to tune product performance and resolve customer issues
- The position requires frequent and close collaboration with Kernel, Wireless, Audio, Hardware engineers, third-party service providers, and technical support teams
- Support and maintain of Vocera embedded devices
- Follow Vocera standard methodologies and processes for product development
- Strong software architectural and implementation skills with hands-on embedded systems UI development experience
- Dedicated in the face of ambiguous requirements; unafraid to explore new ideas and technologies
- Proactive, self-starter, able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Well organized with strong attention to detail; proactively ensures work is accurate
- Deep understanding and experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Resourceful and able to solve complex problems through adapting existing and developing new technology and a deep understanding of product architecture
- Ability to work with geographically distributed teams, with the passion to help strengthen the team’s skills by providing mentorship of junior engineers
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s in Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent
- 12+ years development experience building embedded products
- Solid knowledge in Qt-C++, QML, HMI technologies, Linux internals & concepts, IPC Mechanisms, Socket Programming, POSIX interfaces, multithreading, concurrency, Linux shell programming, C, and C++.
- Experience in OpenGL, HTML5, Android AOSP framework, Python programming, SIP, XMPP, RTP, various IoT protocols, are added advantages
- Experience with ARM processors
- Experience with host development environments on both Linux and Windows platforms
- Consistent track record of delivering quality technical results within committed time parameters
- No travel required
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required
- Vocera Communications is an Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.