Sr Service Specialist
Location : Montréal, QC
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Senior Level
- At Rogers, we are committed to helping Canadians bridge the digital divide and ensure that no one is left behind in accessing reliable connectivity. Through our Service Expansion projects, we are proud to bring our wireless and internet service to homes and businesses across the country to connect them to the people and things that matter most.
- Our rapidly growing team is looking for new team members who are committed to making connectivity possible for our neighbours, communities, and local businesses. This team works cross-functionally, collaborating with our Network, Rogers for Business, and Consumer teams to make a lasting impact in underserved or unserved communities for generations to come.
- Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
- Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:
- Rogers is hiring for Wireless Packet Core Operations – Senior Service Specialist. As part of the Rogers Communications Network Management and Operations department, the incumbent will be responsible for leading the integration of new services, features, nodes, software upgrades and maintaining associated nodes and Services. The position requires strong background in HSPA/LTE/VoLTE/VoWiFi Packet Core solutions, IoT and experience supporting and maintaining cloud-native environments. 2 years’ experience on 5g networks would be considered as an asset.
- Provide technical support to Rogers Communications Wireless Packet Core PNF and VNF nodes and services on a national scope.
- Act as leader and oversee the Integration of LTE/VoLTE/VoWiFi Packet Core nodes and new services CUPS/5G/WPN architecture including cloud-native network functions.
- Responsible to maintain the services with stringent change/incident/problem Management process discipline.
- Ensure performance indicators are strictly adhered to when new services are introduced in the nodes.
- Perform analysis of alarms and statistical measurements to investigate service affecting conditions.
- Identify opportunities for automation and work towards implementing viable and sustainable solutions in compliance with industry standards.
- Lead the development of KPIs and threshold limit alerts within the available Monitoring systems to capture Service degradation.
- Develop and publish technical documentation related to standards, procedures and preventive maintenance routines.
- Establish NetScout, EBM, BMC, NNMi, Operation Orchestration, HPNA and Netcool alarming and backup solutions for the newly integrated platforms and obtain acceptance from NOC.
- Developing and reviewing scripts (e.g python,perl).
- Operate and maintain nodes on container-based architecture and Kubernetes.
- The Infrastructure Specialist role is essential for ensuring Rogers services are highly available through superior technical support capabilities that are utilized on the innovative HSPA/LTE/VoLTE/VoWiFi/5G Core service delivery Networks and platforms.
- Create, review and implement change related procedures and ensure necessary analysis are performed to maintain highest quality of service.
- Educate, train, and lead new incumbents within the team
- A post-secondary degree in Telecommunications or Engineering is required; candidates with an exceptional record of accomplishment in large MSO or carrier operational environments will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Demonstrated work experience with the following: SGSN/MME, GGSN, EPG, WMG, NTP, LDAP, DNS and associated services.
- Exposure to OpenStack, networking and virtualization (e.g KVM, vmWare, Kubernetes).
- In depth knowledge of Linux (experience with Linux OS installation, administration and scripting), TCP/IP, BGP, GRE, MPLS, GTPv1, GTPv2, Diameter, Sip, Sigtran, HTTP and LDAP.
- Demonstrable experience in network automation and scripting (e.g python, perl, ansible) will be considered as an asset.
- A Self-Starter mentality is required for this role, you must be able to learn from informal as well as formal channels (learning as you go, on the job peer training) as many of the concepts and services are still evolving within the industry.
- Good Analytical and troubleshooting skills are essential.
- Knowledge of ANSI, ETSI, 3GPP, GSM and CCiTT Standards.
- Team player, along with the ability to work in a standalone capacity.
- Demonstrated cogitation of customer focus approach and professionally driven attitude
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills are required for the Infrastructure Specialist role.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Able to travel within North America.
- Flexibility to work shifts, 24-hour operation including weekend and holidays.
- Candidate must possess the “thirst” to seek out answers on their own to challenges encountered and must be able to work collaboratively to generate tactical solutions to operational support challenges as necessary.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills are mandatory.
- Availability to work off-hours and on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Industry certifications on technologies mentioned above will be considered as an asset.
- Rogers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- The future is exciting, and Rogers is leading the way.
- Canadians count on Rogers to keep them in touch with those who matter most to them - whether at their desk, on the couch, or on the go. As one of Canada's telecommunications leader, we keep everyone informed, connected and entertained, with our exciting array of products and services. Our drive to provide the latest and most innovative products ensures that our customers enjoy unmatched convenience, reliability, and flexibility. Rogers continues to set the pace by investing in our networks, platforms, products and people. Are you ready for a high-energy career that feeds your enthusiasm. Join us now.
- As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.
- Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
Shift: Flex Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Place Bonaventure - Montreal(182), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 267923
- Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
- What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
- Digital & Technology