IOT Tech Lead
Location : San Francisco, CA
Headquarters : California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Business requirements
- Google Cloud Platform
- Purpose: This product line in site services partners with several business groups such as design & construction, security & resilience, material operations etc. The business or vendor that services the business owns many of the systems. They need support from IT to establish connectivity of those systems with other systems or when they are upgrading or if any of the components used in solutions are being retired or replaced etc.
- This squad should be able to engage with multiple stakeholders, assess the needs, make recommendations and seek additional staff/skills.
- Develop, configure, enhance, integrate and/or support software computer systems, business applications, data management systems, and/or other programmable or configurable software components.
- Apply current technology, tools and techniques toward solving business problems.
- Generally requires knowledge of information technology and functional or business area processes and requirements.
- Solutions may involve design, implementation, code reviews, testing, debugging, performance tuning, documentation, validation, and support.
- Implementation may involve development of operating procedures and/or training of service personnel and end users
- Translate business requirements into maintainable software components.
- Understand business drivers and processes.
- Identify risks and dependencies and work on mitigation plans
- Work with limited supervision and some guidance.
- Work with little instruction on day-to-day work and general instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Interface with Senior Software Developers, Architects, product owners, Operations leads, Project managers/scrum masters etc.
- May need to oversee and lead the work of other contractor software developers.
- Domain expertise with sensors, automation, image processing, edge computing, steaming data,
- Experience with IoT platforms such as Thingworx, MachineQ,
- Other areas of knowledge areas include AWS, GCP, integration software (Mulesoft), BIM and data layer integrations into a data lake etc.
- Understands impacts, able to prioritize, documents and follows up on these issues/impacts and projects quickly.
- Good communicator and problem-solving skills who ask clarifying questions on the business requirements and proposes technical solutions.
- Customer-focused, who understands near-term and long-term needs and partners with different technical groups to meet these needs.