Location : Oakville, ON
Headquarters : Oakville, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
- Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
- Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
- Geotab cares about your safety. You may be required to be vaccinated based on the nature of your work (ex: travel requirements) or due to changing local governmental health requirements.
- We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking an Inventory Manager who will be responsible for the accurate inventory of all incoming and outgoing products and supplies. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
- The Inventory Manager will plan to maximize efficiencies and incorporate best supply chain practices to minimize inventory loss. Additionally, the Inventory Manager will be responsible for hiring, training and mentoring inventory staff to ensure they follow health and safety protocols while using technology appropriately.
- Responsible for ensuring Geotab has the right amount of stock to meet customer needs and also to avoid overstocking items, stock out situations, etc.
- Create detailed reports for adjustments, inventory operations and stock levels.
- Lead quarterly review of inventory, SMS, EOL items, etc to ensure proper management of inventory.
- Sustain inventory turns and financial levels to ensure controls and strong performance.
- Form and define inventory audit team to manage at all global sites - counts, data reporting, etc .
- Make recommendations to leadership about improvements in inventory life cycle.
- Minimize inventory loss by incorporating best supply chain practices.
- Continue to support legacy business, customers and product from end to end operations.
- Manages the recruitment and training of new inventory employees.
- Monitors demand and analyzes data to anticipate future supply and logistical needs.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree in business, logistics, systems engineering, supply chain management or equivalent experience required.
- Product and inventory management certification is a plus.
- Experience working with inventory management software and forecasting strategies.
- Able to use a computer and other office technology.
- Familiar with data entry systems.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- Strategic mindset, has a keen sense of priorities, along with an ability to pivot as the landscape changes.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Ability to travel from time to time, based on the needs of the business.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Must be flexible with work schedules to accommodate different time zones.
- This position has managerial responsibilities and direct reports.
- If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed above, we still encourage you to apply.
- Work from home and flex work arrangements
- Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
- Home office reimbursement program
- Online learning and networking opportunities
- Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
- Competitive medical and dental benefits
- Retirement savings program
- The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
- At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
- We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.