This job posting has expired
Cloud Security Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : San Francisco, California
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Cloud Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
Who We Are
- Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
- Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
- Motive is looking for a passionate Sr. Cloud Security Engineer to join our Security Engineering team. The team is responsible for security and privacy of all products and services offered by the company.In this position you will be expected to design, and implement security platforms to ensure security of our cloud platform. Tasks will include assessing our cloud infrastructure; designing security controls for cloud environment, evaluating open source and enterprise tools, implementing/automating security enforcement and governance tools. The majority of these projects will focus on increasing developer autonomy through automated tooling, automated security policy violations detection, and data use/enrichment to drive security outcomes.
- Audit current security architecture and protocols of our cloud platform and come up with solutions to improve security of the same
- Drive design and implementation of security best practices across our cloud infrastructure
- Proactively monitor and mitigate any security vulnerabilities that affect our cloud infrastructure
- Develop tools to detect violation of security policies and to enforce security policies automatically in the cloud environment
- Continuously strive to improve programmability and automation of security controls in our cloud infrastructure
- Active participation in industry standard security compliance certifications for our products and infrastructure
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent. 4+ years of DevSecOps experience with public cloud infrastructure
- Hands on experience in security technologies including IDS/IPS, firewall, vulnerability scanning, security logging and event management
- Understanding of and experience in implementing security compliance framework in cloud environments
- Hands on experience in using broad range of AWS services and security controls associated with them
- Understanding of Docker and Kubernetes security best practices
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Proficiency in at least one programming/scripting languages
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.