Location : South Boston, VA
Headquarters : Zürich, Switzerland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
- Hitachi Energy is seeking a Controls Engineer for its South Boston, Virginia location. This role is responsible for performing a variety of complex engineering assignments requiring in-depth knowledge of liquid filled transformer controls circuits plus an understanding of related disciplines to cost effectively achieve objectives. Assignments typically require the use of advanced and innovative techniques. Proactively seek and implement initiatives to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction.
- Conducts design protocols as assigned to ensure the products and systems that are created by the local organization meet specifications.
- Utilizes safety systems to perform work, resulting in an accident- free workplace. Notifies others when unsafe situations are observed and work with local safety teams to improve the safety systems.
- Works with department staff to improve existing protocols and capability, resulting in greater efficiency, accuracy, and/or reliability of control circuits.
- Collects, records, and evaluates quantitative metrics that provide descriptive data for the determination of compliance to requirements.
- Design, analyze, and evaluate systems, products or components, requiring a high degree of technical expertise. Design and develop complex models or simulations and apply advanced computer programs, analytical techniques or control strategies to effectively meet requirements and resolve problems.
- Represent the group in meetings and conferences; interact with customers to resolve significant technical questions and issues and develop related action plans.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2+ years of experience in transformer control or Associate's Degree in a technical area and a minimum of 3+ years of experience in a related technical position.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Software skills: Zuken/E3 and/or E-plan, Autocad
- Knowledge of ANSI, IEEE, IEC standards and other relevant standards for distribution, traction, power, and regulating transformers.
- Clear internal and external customer communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain.
- Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value.
- Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
- We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant,
- please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability.
- You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
South Boston, Virginia, USA
Type of role
Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)