Specialist Solution Architect
Location : India
Headquarters : London
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Mid Level
- Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
- There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
- Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
- Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
- BT is building a world class Data & AI function within it’s Global & Digital businesses as part of its strategy to put data and actionable insight at the heart of everything it does and deliver on its Digital Transformation Programme to enhance the experience of its customers. This is key to delivering next generation products and key business processes across Sales & Marketing, Service Delivery and Service Assurance. Looking ahead we want to harness data and exploit specifically AI/ML technologies; we want people in the company and our customers to self-serve, make our operations smarter and create ‘best in class’ data driven innovative products our customers will love. For example, predicting service impacting incidents before they occur using network telemetry data, identifying jeopardy in delivery plans based on historical events, or personalising upsell opportunities by harnessing a 360-degree view of the customer, up to leveraging IoT to support big initiatives such as ‘smart cities.
- This role is to work as a Solutions Architect as part of our Solution and Architectural Design Function. If you have experience of data architecture and have the skills and experience to perform in the role of a Solutions Architect we would love to hear from you!
- You will be leading a team and championing activity across the business which means you will be playing a very visible role in the business and have engagement with several stakeholders including those at a senior level
- Drive implementation of the IT strategic architecture aligned to the business and operational digital transformation strategy
- Actively contribute to the definition of the overall solution framework for the respective domain aligned to the business strategy in this space, in collaboration with business stakeholders
- To support, guide and mentor Solution Design Professional in the domain to develop and deliver no-defect solutions within architectural guardrails, focussed on convergence with the IT strategic architecture
- To interface and manage all senior stakeholders (business / enterprise architects) in the respective domain independently
- Applies specialist technical expertise to develop and advise approach on a range of complex, high impact and high risk customer solutions and define the architectural strategy for the respective domain
- Accountable for defining and maintaining the architectural roadmap for the respective domain
- Creates, owns and implements the technical solutions and inputs into the roadmaps for the respective domain
- Liaises with CFU and customer stakeholders, ensuring business needs are met through assurance of the design
- To work with programme managers and colleagues across BT to ensure programmes /projects are successful
- Solution Architecture - You can drive the implementation of the solution framework in collaboration with senior business and operations stakeholder
- Integrating Data platforms (Cloud) into SaaS / PaaS ecosystems for the best balance in terms of data consistency, easiness to access/exploit and cost
- Product and service knowledge - You demonstrate subject matter expertise in complex telecom infrastructure, products and services. You develop scalable and re-usable solutions to address business requirements
- Be agile - You lead collaborative ways of working and continuous improvement. You encourage their adoption where necessary to deliver the best results for the customer
- Able to work effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team, but also to act independently in progressing work.
- Technology excellence - You maintain a deep expertise in emerging technology trends. You use specialised skills and knowledge to guide the business and develop content to support the sharing of complex technical information
- Improvement focus - You collaborate to identify how work activities across teams are related and highlight inefficiencies. You help to remove barriers and find the resources or support needed to improve processes
- Should have deep knowledge of at least one telecommunications related technology covering either of the following areas: SDWAN/LAN/Voice/Compute
- Should have prior hands-on experience on designing end-to-end solutions in the Telecommunications domain
- Should have prior knowledge on TMF Framework or similar industry wide standard
- Showcased expertise on a project or a specific piece of work or led a project outside of the core areas of your expertise
- Volunteered for extra responsibility such as project team involvement/leadership
- Proven experience in line management and matrix management and in guiding / leading virtual/ matrix teams in complex organisations
- Taught your team how to do their roles more effectively
- Aligned project plans and objectives with BT strategy and values
- Made decisions in ambiguous situations using incomplete information or differing opinions (eg divided team loyalties or unclear deliverables).
- Managed a low performing team to a successful outcome
- Undertook a teambuilding exercise and measured your team's motivation & feedback
- Managed headcount and departmental costs when cost was under pressure
- Actively participated in strategy setting sessions
- Been a spokesperson for others on issues of integrity
- To suit the needs of a customer, colleague or client; moved outside of expected process or practice
- Experience working the big data and/or cloud computing technologies an advantage (preferably GCP).
- Good Degree Level (preferably Engineering or Computer Science)
- Experience with Data Meshes architectures
- Delivery experience in an Agile context with strong collaboration with the engineering teams.
- BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
- We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
- So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT
- It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!