This job posting has expired
Software Engineer (Security Solutions)
Location : Bangalore, India
Headquarters : Santa Clara, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
- Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
- We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
- Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
- Before our products ever see the light of day, they are used extensively by employees of Palo Alto Networks in a production grade environment for various use cases. We think and behave like a customer and call this the ‘First Customer Program’. The outcome is robust and easy to deploy Cyber Security Solutions. Visit our First Customer solutions blog at https://techinsider.paloaltonetworks.com/
- We’re looking for a cyber security software engineer with creative and innovative problem-solving skills. You will work with other Engineering teams and help us architect, build, and maintain secure cloud infrastructure on GCP (Google Cloud Platform) across multiple geographic regions. You will own development efforts in each sprint from planning to delivery. You are expected to take on new problems as we continue to push the technology forward, working with product engineering on design and implementation of large scale distributed systems to support the development and deployment of microservices.
- The role involves managing the infrastructure security & automation framework used for building and securing GCE (Google Compute Engine). You will not only identify performance bottlenecks and failure scenarios with the initial setup but also develop and implement automation and security solutions on our GCP platform to enable application developers to seamlessly run their applications
- Drive solution requirements, design, and implementation of security use cases focused on Cloud Security, SaaS security, container & serverless security and end-to-end visibility utilizing Palo Alto Networks products. Articulate and track success KPI’s per use case across design lifecycle.
- Capture key best practices, build automation for new features with the mindset of infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, cross-domain automation and success KPIs that dramatically improve cyber security solutions.
- Collaborate with other platform engineering teams to lead solution deployment of highly secure and scalable platform design, troubleshooting issues across the entire stack - applications, compute & network and champion improvements.
- Act as go-to authority at the technical architecture level and think like a critical consumer of cybersecurity.
- Must be comfortable taking on new solutions making them work with existing footprint. Deploy , test, analyze and provide reports on new products.
- Develop automation solutions to push global changes on cloud platforms: Google Kubernetes Engine, VMs and serverless.
- Build product adoption and maturity dashboards to track use case success metrics.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by creating whitepapers, videos and blogs to guide customers and the industry on best practices and ease of consumption.
- BE/B.tech Engineering degree, CS preferred
- 0 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Hands on experience with Golang /Java/ Python
- Hands on strong experience with Algorithm and data structure Design skills
- Experience in building web applications, REST API and microservices
- Experience with implementing application level monitoring on full stack
- Experience with large scale application troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Knowledge and experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment, and test driven development
- Verbal and written communication skills to work with multi-functional groups
- Passionate to learn, understand, and dissect new technology stack.
- This is not a traditional IT department! We partner closely with our security, engineering and product teams, to secure our state of the art cyber security solutions
- Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
- Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.