This job posting has expired
Digital Solutions Engineer III (Hardware Engineer)
Location : Illinois
Headquarters : Huntington, New York, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Hardware Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Associate's degree
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- Need a CompTIA A+ now?
- Find a CompTIA A+ and increase your chances of getting hired.
- Get certified
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- This position is based in the Midwest U.S. and will support Canon USA’s dealers, resellers and third party service providers located throughout the Midwest and Northeast U.S. You will join a team of Digital Solutions Engineers (DSEs) providing technical support on Canon’s production level digital imaging products. Support activities will be provided through a combination of on-site and phone support. As our product expert, you will draw upon your previous experience troubleshooting and repairing digital imaging products to address high level escalated hardware support issues from Canon USA’s Technical Support Center.
- If you have experience with production level digital imaging products, we want to hear from you!
- Provide urgent and high visibility third-level technical support via on-site or by phone to Canon’s dealer network field technicians and Canon resellers. Troubleshoot electro mechanical and connectivity based issues, providing timely and cost effective solutions and ensuring Canon products meet all manufacturing and operational specifications
- Provide detailed and thorough documentation of field activities, allowing for proper cross-communication between senior management, sales and domestic Engineering groups
- Provide field technical seminars / training on Canon products and servicing best practices to authorized Canon dealers
- Author technical documentation for publication to Canon’s technical support websites
- Provide reports with recommendations for current and future product improvements
- Install and de-install devices and provide technical expertise at Canon tradeshows and other events
- Associate's degree in electronics or equivalent training in military or trade school is preferred. Canon Digital Technician ATSP certification is a plus.
- A+, Net+, or equivalent network/connectivity certification preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience troubleshooting and repairing Canon or other manufacturer’s production level digital imaging products. Must have an understanding of computer platforms and general application software.
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams, proven ability in proper use of digital multi-meters for the troubleshooting of both AC/DC voltages.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel minimum 50% with periods of higher volume often on short notice. Available for overtime as required.
- Must be available for regularly scheduled 24X7 phone based support.
- Work experience with a copier manufacturer is highly preferred
- Self-motivated, customer-focused individual able to work with minimal supervision to identify root failures and provide effective resolutions.
- This position requires the ability to lift 50lbs
- This position requires driving for company business as an essential function of the job and must remain in compliance with company safety guidelines and policies
- Preferred location Midwest and must live within a reasonable distance to a major airport
- The company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.
About our Company
- Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
- Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
- Canon U.S.A., Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers/benefits-compensation/
- We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
- We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
- If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
- This position is full time and is considered virtual. The office will be open 5 days a week; however you will not be required to report to the office unless there is a specific business need. Note that work schedules and office reporting requirements may change from time to time based on business needs.
- #PM19 #CUSA #LI-NF1 LI-Remote