This job posting has expired
Embedded IoT Developer - Canada (Remote)
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Cumberland, Rhode Island, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- inMusic is a family of leading music technology and consumer electronic brands. We live and breathe music. We incorporate and build upon the latest engineering, design, and technology in the DJ, Music Production, Pro Audio, Musical Instrument, and Consumer Electronics industries. Some of our leading brands are: Akai Professional, Alesis, Alto Professional, Denon DJ, Denon Professional, ION Audio, Marantz Professional, M-Audio, MixMeister, Rane, Numark and Sonivox.
- You get to chart your own course of your career and work with awesome, supportive colleagues who always have your back. To be part of our team you do not need to have any kind of musical background. inMusic is an employer of choice with strong values that fosters a culture of inclusion and belonging.
- We are seeking an Embedded IoT Developer for the development of hardware products. This role works will work with C and C++ libraries, drivers, and tools supporting our visual brands. Additionally, this role works cross-functionally with global application and library development teams, hardware engineers, and product design teams to create truly compelling products. This role requires a good understanding of ARM platforms and the open-source ecosystem.
- Create board support packages, drivers, and product configurations for new hardware products.
- Take ownership of platforms from boot loader through to running application.
- Work with hardware and software teams to create customer-delighting products.
- Work with a cross-functional team to ensure product architecture is robust and fit for purpose.
- Minimum 3+ years experience of embedded coding
- English language proficiency
- Programming languages: C, C++, python
- Solid understanding of IoT Protocols (MQTT, NATS, DDS), networking, webservers and file transfers
- Experience in Linux OS build toolchains
- Ability to think at “system-level,” from application code right down to the metal
- Knowledge of common communication interfaces (USB, Ethernet, UART, SPI, I2C)
- Ability to perform profiling and tracing of real-time applications, debugging using gdb and remote debug tools
- Experience with git version contro
- Ability to read technical documents (schematics, datasheets, application notes) and write code against them
- Ability to diagnose systems-level/hardware issues
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong communication and teamwork skill
- ARM optimization experience, with STM32 and ESP32 platforms
- Agile/Scrum/XP experience
- Background in live entertainment lighting
- A degree-level qualification in Computer Sciences
- Availability to travel internationally
- inMusic celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer, recognizing that future success in a highly competitive marketplace depends on our employees and their development.
- All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment at inMusic and we encourage everyone to apply – regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, religion or belief or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.