This job posting has expired
Software Developer Co-Op
Location : Richmond, BC
Headquarters : Rueil-Malmaison, France
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- At Schneider Electric, we envision a world where most homes around the world are fully electric, way more intelligent, and instead of contributing to climate change – are helping fix it!
- We mean 100% clean solar power saving you money and seamlessly protecting you from blackouts. Adding intelligence to every outlet, appliance and light socket in your home with clever algorithms that automatically fine-tune your energy usage. Toggle off the stove if you’re not sure you left it on, put your home in “low power mode” and leave on only the essentials to save you money or help you ride through an outage. Charge your EV only from your solar panels or when the grid is greenest. Even power your home from your car!
- We are building out a portfolio of home energy products including solar inverters, home batteries, EV chargers, smart electrical panels, connected outlets and smart lighting solutions that work together to make revolutionary new things possible at home. All from our app!
- Come join the team that’s bringing us into a new era of sustainable and intelligent homes.
- Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Everyday, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
- We are currently seeking a Software Developer in Test Co-Op to join the Software team based in Richmond, BC.
- In this role you will be a part of a talented Agile team of embedded software engineers working collaboratively to develop communication interface and controls software for our range of cloud connected inverter products, and accessories. This position will be responsible to test and verify embedded software, and to automate that testing in order to have increased coverage and quality.
- We are looking for positive, self-assured, and motivated people with a strong desire to work in an exciting, fast-paced, team based collaborative design environment to help us develop next generation technologies to empower and connect our products to each other, and to our customers.
- The position offered is for a minimum of 8 months with preference for a 12 month placement.
- Work within a scrum team to define, program and automate test cases that verify product requirements.
- Write and refactor code to support the development of the automated test framework and tests cases.
- Troubleshoot firmware based on test results and reproduce issues for development engineers.
- Execute test cases using both automated and manual techniques.
- Document the automation framework and infrastructure.
- Identify and report software defects.
- (External) English Qualifications:
- What qualifications will make you successful?
- Background in Software Engineering
- Proficiency with Python
- Familiarity with Testing or development in an agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to excel in a team oriented, project-based work environment
- A systematic and logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and work to tight deadlines to meet project needs
- We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
- (External) English Company Boiler Plate:
- Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
- €25.7bn global revenue
- 137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
- 45% of revenue from IoT
- 5% of revenue devoted for R&D
- You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
- It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.