This job posting has expired
Location : Cambridge, ON
Headquarters : Cambridge, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- As a IoT System Software Developer at ATS, you will be part of the Illuminate Manufacturing Intelligence (IMI) Team, developing world-class software data collection, analysis, and reporting solutions for sophisticated automation equipment. You will contribute to new, next generation Machine Intelligence software.
- Team: Be part of a truly great team. You will work with a dedicated team of software developers, project managers, product owners, UI/UX developers, software testers, and end users to make great products!
- Flexibility: The ATS IMI team is located in Cambridge, Ontario. As part of the team, you have the flexibility to work at home, in the office or a combination of the two. No matter how you choose to work, you will always be part of the team.
- Culture: ATS is a global leader. We offer the perfect synergy of experience, automation technology, and scale to advance factory automation solutions for the world’s leading manufacturers. The ATS Business Model drives our success, leading with people, process, and performance.
- Growth: We take your development seriously. We work with you to set goals and we measure your development throughout your career at ATS.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO WORK WITH:
- Automation control systems including PLCs, HMIs, SCADA, MES, ERP
- Industrial communication protocols such as EthernetIP, Profinet, MQTT, AMQP, OPC UA
- Microsoft .NET development using C# ASP.NET
- Microsoft SQL Server
- On-premises and cloud-based implementations
- Design and develop IoT software programs for industrial automation in .NET/C#. (OEE, MES, Traceability, Vision)
- Program and integrate assignments involving leading-edge software and hardware technologies including interfacing with PLC’s, PC’s, robotics, motion controllers, vision systems, laser, and other automation controllers
- Work with IoT technologies and sensors including OPC UA, AMQP, MQTT, Node-RED
- Develop design concepts, software design and integration of software with electrical, mechanical and control systems
- Support other software engineers who deploy the software in specific applications
- Lead and/or contribute to weekly agile meetings reviewing last week’s progress and plan upcoming work.
- Provide mentorship to other developers who may not be experienced in controls and/or IoT
- Perform reviews of concepts, code and team designs and provide constructive feedback
- Contribute to software design standards and overall software quality
- Maintain the technology stack for assigned software products
- Acquire broad product knowledge to be able to collaborate directly with internal and external stakeholders to solve problems and use the products effectively
- Adhere to all aspects of the department procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Occasional overtime and weekend work may be required
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the ATS Code of Business Conduct plan
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
- A post-secondary engineering or computer science degree, diploma or equivalent with emphasis on software design and development, or PLC controls.
- 2+ years working with PLCs and HMIs or 4+ years working in a manufacturing environment
- 1+ years working with C# or Java
- Must Have experience with PLCs, PLC communication, OPC and industrial networks
- Programming/software development with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with software development in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Hands on Controls Industry Experience (Siemens, AB)
- Experience with relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with BI tools (PowerBI, Tableau)
- Six Sigma Certification
- Familiarity with Agile development practices
- Strong data analytics skills
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future! Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with the Global Service division at ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
- We attract some of the most talented and motivated individuals from a range of fields, with our global offering and growth opportunities as we expand on a global scale.
- Be a part of a global organization that is a leader in its industry
- Subsidized breakfast and lunch daily; free gourmet beverages - coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Plus, Treat Day is every other week!
- Monthly “In-Chair Massage” clinic on-site with a Registered Massage Therapist
- Ability to participate in a variety of charitable events
- Social Club that offers BBQs and other social events throughout the year
- Work with other bright, talented people and discover opportunities for professional growth
- ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.