This job posting has expired
Manufacturing Engineer Associate
Location : Manassas, VA 20110
Headquarters : Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
- To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
- Performs in a collaborative environment to develop and implement manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, fabrication, and material handling. Drives adoption of new technologies and processes (automation, robotics, computer aided manufacturing software, etc.) to achieve greater efficiency, cost reduction and quality improvement. Creates and analyzes 3D based model data environment to optimize manufacturing process and digital work instructions. Leverages understanding of materials and automatic processes to define operations procedures and build sequences to drive operational excellence. Evaluates performance (including IoT devices, etc.) of equipment and tools to verify their efficiency and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure operational excellence. Leverages factory data to develop statistical process control approaches and integrates reporting and data analytics solutions for continuous improvement. Provides input to product design regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; Entry level.
- US Citizenship Required.
- Strong verbal & written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
- As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College