This job posting has expired
IoT Sales Engineer
Location : Clackamas, OR 97015
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Sales/Marketing Executive
Experience : Mid Level
- 401(k) matching
- AD&D insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Food provided
- We are Cornell Pump Company; a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies and we are looking for an enthusiastic IoT Sales Engineer to join our team!
- We are a leading manufacturer of centrifugal pumps located in Clackamas, Oregon, with more than 70 years in the business and growing rapidly!
- We manufacture centrifugal pumps for a wide variety of industries including Agricultural, Industrial, Municipal, Rental, Mining, and Oil & Gas.
- This IoT Sales Engineer will be part of an exciting new product development team, providing high tech monitoring, telematics, and automation equipment to new and existing customer bases. This team has the excitement and feel of a startup, with the support and security of a mature and growing company.
- Under general supervision, with some latitude for un-reviewed action, the IoT Sales Engineer will interface directly with our sales team and our customers to help solve problems using our existing product line and helping to define new products.
- Requires proficient telephone and computer work with excellent customer satisfaction and communication skills.
- Provides applications assistance for IIoT related products into the centrifugal pump market and beyond.
- Coordinates with a wide variety of channels including, but not limited to sales, accounting, operations, shipping, and engineering.
- Technically adept to handle questions related to mechanical, electrical, software and other aspects of the product line.
- Direct interaction with new and existing customer accounts with quick response rates and attention to detail.
- May require taking critical calls or responding to important emails outside of normal business hours if necessary.
- Assist with forecasting sales for key customers and coordinating this information with management and respective purchasing teams to prepare and maintain inventory levels.
- Experience with diesel engines, pumps, electric motors, SCADA, and/or telemetry is a plus.
- The primary responsibility will be supporting our customers and sales efforts with critical thinking skills to help solve customer problems and act as a bridge between our engineering and sales staff. Along with that, the position will also be focused on customer feedback and helping to define new product opportunities. A candidate with a “CAN-DO” attitude and enjoys problem solving with customer applications is imperative.
- While much of the time this position will be based out of Cornell’s Clackamas Oregon office, the candidate may be asked to accommodate occasional travel for customer visits and trade shows.
- The ability to communicate with a variety of technical levels is key, as many of our customers come from a variety of backgrounds and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- If you want the opportunity to be part of a challenging, fast paced team and have a can-do, entrepreneurial attitude, we want to hear from you!
- Paid time off and paid holiday time.
- A great 401k plan with matching contributions by the company, vested immediately.
- Two kinds of Medical insurance-a PPO and a High Deductible Health Plan with an HSA.
- Dental, and Vision coverage.
- Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D.
- The company pays for Basic Life Insurance & AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, two weeks Parental Leave, and an Employee Assistant Program.
- After you have been with the company for 6 months you are eligible for our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Summer party, Christmas party and Santa Day for the kiddos.
- Free coffee and snacks.
- Food truck Fridays in the Summer.
- Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. The Roper Technologies, Inc Applicant Privacy Notice link is also below. Click or copy and paste the link address below into your browser for more information:
- Oregon OSHA Rights
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- 1 - 5 years: 1-5 years industry related experience (Sales, Engineering, Product management, Customer Service, Wireless/Cellular Markets, Industrial Monitoring, Pumps, Subscriptions)
- Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)