This job posting has expired
Lead Hardware Engineer
Location : Alpharetta, GA 30022
Headquarters : Cham, Switzerland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Hardware Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Landis+Gyr is a leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector. We’ve been an innovator in metering technology since 1896, shortly after the invention of electricity generation. 125 years later, we continue to lead the industry with solutions that help utilities solve complex challenges in Smart Metering, Grid Edge Intelligence, and Smart Infrastructure.
- Our company is made up of over 5,000 people across 30 countries, driven by the common mission to help the world manage energy better. With regional headquarters in Alpharetta, GA and locations across the U.S., we offer excellent benefits, career development opportunities, and a hybrid work environment where employees can work remotely up to two days per week.
- More information is available at the Landis+Gyr website landisgyr.com
- The Lead Hardware Engineer calls for an experienced, knowledgeable, and talented engineer to lead the development of hardware components for the Engineering organization. As a hardware technical lead, you will have an opportunity to lead and collaborate with other engineers to design, plan, develop, and maintain electronic design and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with customers and partners to understand requirements, certification process, interfaces, limitations, and regulatory framework, for solution development efforts.
- Develop specifications including functional requirements, detailed design, test procedures as part of multidisciplinary team.
- Partner with hardware engineering teams, and Global Procurement on the selection of major components used within devices.
- Serve as the technical lead and subject matter expert for larger projects, establishing technical direction as well as monitoring project management metrics.
- Provide leadership in design, development, documentation, testing, etc.
- Provide detailed & accurate estimates for development efforts.
- Provide support, troubleshoot, and resolve sustaining, field issues with high quality output.
- Resource allocation responsibilities for any teams being managed.
- Responsible for on-time delivery and quality adherence.
- Maintain compliance with department budget.
- Identify technical areas for improvement and make detailed business cases for improvements or new areas of opportunities.
- Conduct reviews with the team to improve compliance with established best practices and applicable industry standards.
- Maintain roadmap of Landis+Gyr products within assigned area.
- Assist in the hiring and onboarding process of new team members.
- Assist with the performance management process, providing feedback on performance improvement plans, reviews, and employee recognition plans.
- Support and adhere to Company’s Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy.
- Supports and adheres to Company’s core values.
- Represents Company in a positive, professional manner when working with both internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Required Minimum Level:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in electrical engineering or related field, and 5-8 years of experience or master’s degree, preferably in electrical engineering or related field, and 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience with analog circuit design, specification development, electronics packaging, and environmental qualification testing.
- Experience with low noise analog design, PCB design considerations for grounding, transient protection, noise immunity, and signal conditioning.
- This role requires the ability to possess or acquire expertise in Public cellular communications technologies such as GSM, GPRS, 3G, LTE, LTE-M, NB-IoT
- Programming skills in C, C++, Java, Python, LabVIEW, Assembly Programming, debugging, scripting programming languages, various software packages such as revision control and issue tracking and Microsoft Office familiarity
- Knowledge of Cellular M2M Endpoint Hardware, chipsets, modules, products
- Skilled in Cellular network Design, equipment, scalability, principles of operation
- Knowledge of Cellular network Operator requirements, restrictions, and limitations for large scale M2M applications
- Understanding of standard communication stacks including OSI model, TCP/IP, UDP
- Knowledge of real-world performance measures and limitations
- Understanding of DFM/DFT strategies and methods for cellular devices in moderate volume production systems
- Knowledge and experience with Embedded real time operating systems and Linux Operating System
- Proficient use of lab equipment, o-scopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, DVMs
- Ability to proficiently utilize standard computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processors, basic CAD tools, web browsers, email, and Windows.
- Ability to work in diverse cross-functional development teams including resources both global and local, sometimes as the Lead
- Metering industry knowledge
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Technical writing abilities
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Excellent listening skills and ability to understand information and ideas presented through spoken words including technical data
- Ability to recognize potential problems and take proactive measures
- Acute vision to see details at close range
- Proficient multitasking, organizational and time management skills
- EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- If you have the drive and enthusiasm to accept this challenge and to work in a very dynamic, cross functional and international environment, we are looking forward to meeting you.