This job posting has expired
Manufacturing Engineer II/III
Location : Moses Lake, WA
Headquarters : Westport, Connecticut, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Genie Industries/Terex Aerial Work Platforms (AWP), a business segment of the Terex Corporation, is headquartered in Redmond, WA with branch offices worldwide; we manufacture material lifts, aerial work platforms, trailer-mounted booms and light towers, telehandlers, scissor lifts and self-propelled telescopic and articulating booms. We are a company with a strong safety first mentality, team based culture, respect for the individual and high integrity.
- Genie sets the standard by which other lifts are judged. Simply put, we build a better lift. Our innovative designs and reliable products have made Genie a world leader in the production of material lifts, portable aerial work platforms, scissor lifts, and self-propelled telescopic and articulated booms. The right time is now to come join us as we grow and expand to meet our customers' needs.
- The Manufacturing Technical Services (MTS) group is responsible for developing and transferring cutting edge manufacturing processes as part of the company’s manufacturing footprint strategy and bring these processes to fruition. MTS is also a key component of advancing AWP manufacturing capability. This includes automation, digital transformation, robotics, and AGV’s.
- Responsible for establishing digital operations and industrial controls to support facility and product line startups as a member of the Manufacturing Technical Services team.
- Works closely with other MTS Automation team members to understand digital implementation standards and methodologies for development and implementation on an enterprise wide level.
- Be an active member of the global Operational Technology focus group
- Partner with the IT team working on digital operations and facility network infrastructure.
- Be the technical link for the manufacturing execution system – establishing connections between software, hardware and digital field devices across the company network according to cybersecurity protocols.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers developing manufacturing applications for displaying digital work instructions and the automation of production steps.
- Support, troubleshoot and resolve issues with industrial controls associated with manufacturing equipment and processes including PLC and HMI programming.
- Provide hands on support for field wiring including network communication and controls.
- Understanding of IoT architecture, cloud-based data structure, on-prem services and communication protocols.
- Applies statistical measures to estimate future manufacturing requirements.
- Assists IT and manufacturing team members to resolve network and industrial controls issues from production.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering that is ABET accreditted
- 2+ years of experience in industrial controls, including programming Allen Bradley (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix) or similar PLC systems, and using communication protocols such as ControlNet, Ethernet, MQTT, OPC UA and JSON.
- Ability to work in Redmond or Moses Lake, WA
- Prior project or leadership experience preferred.
- Experience implementing machine safety controls.
- Ability to read and create electrical control schematics using Solidworks Electrical, AutoCAD or similar.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure, hardware and security.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Experience with Python, C++, .Net and similar programming.
- Strong troubleshooting skills. Able to maintain and support existing automated machines and control systems.
- Prior experience with manufacturing execution systems (MES).
- Ability to problem solve using statistical analysis and critical thinking sills.
- Technical writing skills sufficient to prepare product specifications, test, and process documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to convert engineering principles into actionable project plans.
- Prior knowledge and practice with Lean Manufacturing, Just-in-Time, and Total Quality Management.
- Ambulatory ability to walk and stand on a continuous basis; to bend, stoop, and kneel on an intermittent basis; to lift medium weight objects up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
Job ID: 33027
- Terex Corporation is a $3.1 billion publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. We are passionate about producing equipment that helps improve the lives of people around the world, and providing our team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. While our operations are global, each office or factory is a close-knit community. We value diversity, equity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage, citizenship, and continuous improvement. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector – come join us!
- It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
- The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
- Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.