This job posting has expired
IoT Security Systems Lead
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Location : San Diego USA
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Security/Audit/Risk Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
In this position you will lead the effort to bring all security features from architecture definition to implementation for all of Qualcomm IoT products. You will be part of the IoT Security Engineering team and will be working with security architects, designers and test engineers from around the company. You will be responsible for the system level security execution for Qualcomm’s IoT Systems-on-Chip (SoC’s) - spanning across hardware, software and infrastructure. You will interact with product management and customers (e.g., OEMs) as necessary during the early stages of product planning to develop the overall SoC security architectural and functional requirements. During the design and development phases for IoT SoC’s, you will direct relevant hardware and software teams to ensure that the final product can meet all target security requirements. Qualcomm IoT products are deployed in devices that must satisfy a broad range of usage scenarios, including applications that require a high-level of security assurance such as financial transactions or restricted facility access. Join our team and be at the leading edge of the next generation of secure IoT SoC’s.
In this position you will perform tasks like these:
- Develop the Security Architecture for SoC’s that encompasses requirements for both hardware and firmware
- Work with security architects from around the company to leverage company architectural standards and IP cores
- Ensure execution of the Security Architecture, particularly in the later stages of the SoC development lifecycle
- Work with product managers and customers as necessary to define security features specific to each IoT product
Minimum Qualifications:• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 5+ years of Systems Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of Systems Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 3+ years of Systems Engineering or related work experience.
• 2+ years of experience in one or more system architecture technology areas and products (e.g., Power System, Shared Resource Management, Limits/Thermal Management, Hardware Islands).
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 7+ years Systems Engineering or related work experience.
MS degree preferred with 10+ years industry experience required in one or more of the following areas
- SoC Architecture
- SoC Security Architecture
- ARM TrustZone, including Cortex-M
- HW/SW threat analysis, security analysis, risk analysis
- HW/SW countermeasures
- Embedded SW Architecture
Additional skills in the following areas are a plus:
- Connectivity Technologies (NFC, WIFI, BT)
- Secure protocols (e.g. TLS)
- Cryptography and protocols using cryptography
- Payments, Biometrics, Content licensing
- Security Certification Process and Requirements
- Familiarity with emerging CPU architectures and instruction sets (e.g. RISC-V)
- Leadership & management background at a project level
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Master's or above, Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering
Qualcomm is committed to hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities. Although this role has some expected physical activity, an inability to perform one or more of the listed physical requirements should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. We will work with you throughout the application and onboarding process to provide reasonable accommodations. Examples of expected physical activity include: frequently transporting and installing equipment up to 5 lbs; performing tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting); monitoring and utilizing computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day; and continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.