This job posting has expired
Low Power IOT Systems Architect
Location : San Diego USA
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Entry Level
Qualcomm provides complete chipset solution that includes CPU, Modem, Application Processor, Multi-media engines, Interconnect and more. Power and performance are a key area that drive the value of our chips. As fabrication technology node shrinks, and performance requirement become higher, it is crucial to provide power and performance optimized solutions, which is the responsibility of the group that you will be working in.
Multimedia systems team has an exciting opportunity to work on best-in-class technologies of Camera, Video encoding/decoding, and Computer Vision for Internet Of Things platforms. These technologies are the heart of billions of Snapdragon devices across the globe. The team is responsible for system level architecture; and analysis, budgeting and optimization of all multimedia use cases for achieving lowest power and best performance. We are looking for a fresh grad or Senior level Engineer with educational background and/or experience in system level architecture and HW/SW co-design. Your work will have the potential to shape the most power and performance efficient devices in the hands of millions of Snapdragon users.
• Come up with most efficient multimedia system architecture to satisfy power, performance and cost requirements
• Analyze power for selected use-cases using the system models for selected architectures
• Roll out architectural analysis and proposals to HW and SW design teams
• Follow up through the execution and commercialization of the SOC to make sure goals are met and modeling assumptions are validated
Ideal Candidate will have below:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 3-5 years experience working on low power design/analysis, computer architecture, and HW/SW systems design/architecture
Minimum Qualifications:• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 5+ years of Systems Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of Systems Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 3+ years of Systems Engineering or related work experience.
*Works in the lab, can use hazardous chemicals (e.g., glue, machinery).
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 3-5 years experience working on systems analysis and modeling using various modeling tools at a detailed level
• Course work and/or 1+ years experience with system level aspects of low power design with the ability to model and analyze power and performance at system level
• Course and/or experience in one or more areas of camera/image processing, video compression
• Experience working on IOT devices is a plus
Qualcomm is committed to hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities. Although this role has some expected physical activity, an inability to perform one or more of the listed physical requirements should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. We will work with you throughout the application and onboarding process to provide reasonable accommodations. Examples of expected physical activity include: monitoring and utilizing computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day and continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.