Software Development Engineer - IoT, ATS Products & Tech
Location : US, WA, Bellevue
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Entry Level
This role can sit in the following locations: Seattle/Bellevue, Minneapolis, or San Jose, CA.
Be a part of the magic behind Amazon’s ability to deliver at unprecedented speed. The Middle Mile Product and Technology (MMPT) organization powers the Amazon Logistics and Transportation operations that move goods for Amazon warehouses globally over land, air, rail, and ocean. MMPT technologies orchestrate a sophisticated ballet of predictive planning, intelligent automation and human-machine interaction, and user-friendly mobile and web apps.
This role involves building IoT (Internet-of-Things) technology and products that will transform warehouse operations to a future of intelligent human-robot collaboration and co-inhabitance, with an eye on fully automated package handling and movement inside warehouses. We will develop technologies in sensing, situation awareness, assistive guidance to provide a safe and productive working environment where human and robot can streamline the operations for best efficiency.
A day in the life
As a software development engineer, you will be responsible for engineering design of a product for outbound / inbound dock automation. You will be responsible for integrating technical components from hardware, on-device embedded software, cloud backend, as well as integrations with other system and services. You will provide engineering leadership to peer engineers and the organization, and influence product and engineering managers in defining roadmap, deliverables and milestones.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
· Experience in rapid prototyping and other fast iteration methods for product development
· Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.