Sr IoT Architect
Location : France, UK, Germany, Italy, Spain
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Senior Level
Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing, machine learning and the Internet-of-Things (IoT)? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the AWS platform by engaging with companies and app developers building IoT solutions? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as the preferred platform for IoT and AI solutions?
At AWS, we are hiring the best IoT architects and technical experts, who can help our clients and partners derive business value from Data in the cloud. Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to deliver proof-of-concept projects, conduct topical workshops, and lead implementation projects.
AWS Professional Services is seeking an IoT Architect, who has experience working with industrial customers and can lead a team of specialists across a range of disciplines. You will be responsible for building and managing a team of professional services consultants working with customers and partners to architect and implement innovative solutions.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
· 8+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role
· 5+ years of experience in application architecture, database architecture, and networking
· Experience working with customers to implement large-scale IoT solutions.
· Understanding of IoT technologies, trends and communications protocols
· Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Current hands-on implementation experience required
· Experience in an Architect role or equivalent. Experience collaborating across internal and external organizations, including sales, other architects and customers.
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
· Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development life cycle
· Experience in one or more specific IoT / embedded / M2M industry (i.e. home automation, business automation, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.)
· Experience with embedded or real-time operating systems, and/or driver/kernel development
· Experience programming applications backed by cloud services
· Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the cloud services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals