This job posting has expired
IoT Solution Architect - Kalypso
Location : Pune, Maharashtra
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Mid Level
Kalypso, a Rockwell Automation business, is a professional services business unit dedicated to helping clients discover, create, make and sell better products with digital. We believe that innovation across the value chain is the single most important factor for long-term growth and success.
Kalypsonians are passionate about their work and committed to helping our clients become more innovative, competitive, and productive. The Kalypso team consists of diverse industry and technical experts with proven experience delivering results. Our people are recognized business, industry, and technical thought leaders with a passion for innovation.
As a provider of professional services, our people are the key to success. We are looking for the absolute best to join our world-class team. We want balanced individuals who are willing to go the extra mile to deliver the results our clients expect. At the same time, we are looking characters with character who complement their expertise and intelligence with personality and integrity.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t meet every single point on the job description below, please still apply. We’d rather have a chat and see if you could be a great fit than never meet at all. Consulting is an apprenticeship business and many of the skills you need to master are acquired on the job.
IoT Solution Architect
Location: Anywhere, India
We are seeking exceptional candidates who are passionate about the exciting world of digital technologies, including the Internet of Things, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
The candidate will assume the role of a Solution Architect in our Enterprise Technology Practice and oversee technical strategy and delivery for our IoT advisory and implementation projects across their lifecycles.
The candidate’s scope will include supporting:
- Sales/pre-sales activities (understanding client/customer goals and requirements, conceptual solution development, demos, proposal development, work planning, and project approach and work estimates)
- Client delivery (defining solutions and architecture that meet client requirements, coaching and management of technical personnel, management of technical tasks and work threads, incorporation of DevOps and other firm and industry standard methods and practices, interfacing and coordinating with client team members, delivering on time and on budget solutions that exceed client expectations)
- Firm technical capability development (assisting with hiring and mentoring junior technical resources, contributing to DevOps and technical standards and methods).
This person can be located anywhere in India and will provide solution development and technical delivery leadership to client initiatives in India as needed.
You will work in a client-facing role for established global clientele, helping them apply leading ThingWorx IoT, Advanced Analytics and Augmented Reality capabilities to challenging business problems. Our work is fast-paced, demanding, and provides unparalleled exposure to unique opportunities. The learning curve can be quite steep, but our team will help you build confidence and enable you to explore areas that are of interest to you. Our focus is on helping clients extract business value from cutting edge IoT capabilities, not just on making the technology work. In this role you will help design, develop, and test solutions for a diverse set of clients in industries such as Manufacturing, Life Sciences, High Tech, Consumer Goods and Retail.
The successful candidate will be a member of Kalypso’s Enterprise Technology capability and work with and receive coaching and oversight from Senior Regional and Global technology leaders to successfully develop and implement IoT and Digital solutions that meet client needs. In turn, the candidate will also be expected to provide direction, guidance, coaching and training to technical specialists (developers, software engineers, etc.) who are assigned to their client engagements, many of whom will be based in one of Kalypso’s Innovation Centers in Pune, IN, Bucharest, RO or Monterrey, MX.
To qualify for our Solution Architect position, you should possess the following:
- Experience leading the implementation, validation and deployment of scalable, commercial IoT/IIoT, AR/VR and analytics solutions in a client-facing setting.
- Experience supporting sales and pre-sales activities in these domains
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems with supplementary experience in Data Science and/or Statistics)
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Strong academic performance required
- Relevant work experience is highly preferred
- Superior analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Creativity, self-confidence and flexibility
- Willingness to travel (required) up to 75%
Solution Architects should possess the following technical and consulting skills:
- Experience with the PTC ThingWorx technology stack:
- development of IoT applications and solutions including building scalable data model, services, orchestration, system integrations
- development of IoT connectivity components utilizing ThingWorx edge SDKs or industrial protocols (OPC, MQTT, MTConnect, ModBus and similar)
- Experience in working within manufacturing domain – understanding typical OT and IT components of manufacturing operations, their architectures and data structures: MES, CMMS, PLC, DCS, SCADA, HMI, ERP, Asset Management and similar.
- Experience with advanced analytics and machine learning disciplines like model development, training, validation and deployment
- Experience integrating ThingWorx with ‘Big Data’ platforms
- Competency in Graph/NoSQL database techniques, and RDBS platforms like Oracle,MS SQL Server, Postgres, InfluxDB
- Competency in mathematical disciplines including linear algebra, calculus, probabilistic models and statistics
- Data manipulation techniques, including ETL/ETLV
- Competency in object-oriented development patterns in Java and .NET
- Competency in data analysis applications built in R, Python, Scala
- Competency in data visualization platforms like D3.js and Tableau
- Competency in modern integration standards like RESTful and OData, message-oriented-middleware (MQ)
- Strong UML skills and ability to document structural and behavioral elements of solution architecture
- Competency in one of the major cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP, etc.
- Experience leading remote development teams, performance testing, unit test, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Agile and SDLC software development practices and technical documentation (requirements, functional specifications, test plans, DevOps, test automation etc.)
- Understanding of business requirements and the process of translating them into well-engineered and integrated technical solutions; attention to detail
- Client-focused to understand and appropriately respond to our clients’ business needs
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers and management to help develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Versatility, flexibility and proactivity when resolving technical issues and dealing with ambiguity
- Commitment to quality and on-schedule/on-budget delivery; proven ability to establish and meet milestones and deadlines with solutions that meet or exceed client expectations and requirements.