IoT Cloud – Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (8-12 Years) (Grade 10)
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Cloud Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity.
As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Your progressive ideas will affect everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment to public and private sectors, and far beyond.
With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Who You'll Work With?
Cisco IoT Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for the development and operation of a cloud platform powering all Cisco hosted IoT products. Our team of cloud engineers work to design, develop, secure, automate and operate application infrastructure in a variety of public and private clouds, providing the IoT engineering group a consistent platform to deploy all the IoT SaaS application components.
In this role you will work in an Agile-based work environment as part of an SRE team tasked to design, build, integrate, deploy, and operate cloud services in a production environment, including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Design and manage AWS Infrastructure as Code (IaC) components such as VPCs, EC2, S3, RDS, Route 53, KMS etc.
- Build and operate tools as well as infrastructure-level services for cloud deployments and operations.
- Design, build and maintain cloud-based monitoring, alerting and reporting – CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty
- Own, maintain, and extend logging stack like EFK
- Partner with development teams for integration and deployment of new cloud services and features into a production 3rd party cloud IaaS platform (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Collaborate with other Cisco team members, partners, and the open-source community to advance the state of the platform
- Provide continual enhancements to maintain our cloud, information security and operation posture.
- Help to ensure cloud-based architectures meet availability and recoverability requirements.
Who You Are?
- MS/CS or equivalent degree combined with 6-8 years of work experience
BS/CS or equivalent degree combined with 9-12 years of work experience
- Experience with operations-based software development, working with a preferred scripting language including Python, Golang and/or Bash.
- Experience administering Linux systems
- Working with configuration management tools in Linux and on AWS – Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation
- Expertise on CI/CD and tools Git, Jenkins are a must.
- Handle seamless upgrades of infrastructure and services through automation
- Experience using containerization platforms like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience managing public cloud infrastructure like AWS in a production environment
- Knowledge of standard internet services such as DNS, Load Balancers, HTTP/S, TLS, SAML, SSL etc.
- Knowledge of in-memory datastores such as Redis, Memcached and message bus solutions like RabbitMQ
- Experience with logging and monitoring solutions such as Prometheus, Elastic Stack etc.
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts including virtualization, web service API’s, distributed data storage (database, block, object, file), multi-tenancy, and metered usage patterns
- Experience in designing and operating fault tolerant systems with zero to no downtime
- Familiar with incident and change management standard methodologies.
- Solid understanding of backup/restore and disaster recovery standard processes
- Familiar with vulnerability management and remediation processes and tools
- Be a self-starter with high attention to details
- Passionate about automation in the areas of infrastructure as code, and configuration as code, that will help reduce toil and help drive improvements towards the manageability, availability, and reliability of the environment.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills that will help working closely with software engineers, product managers, and the release team as you design and implement the necessary automation and infrastructure services that allows us to scale our footprint.
- Analytical: Able to see gaps and areas of improvement in process as well as technologies, providing recommendations and taking the initiative to fix issues.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.