This job posting has expired
IoT Escalation Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Network Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
The Cisco IoT business group is a global leader in IoT. Cisco IoT is an end-to-end IoT architecture and provides most secure and dependable IoT portfolio. Which includes Industrial Routers and Gateways, Industrial switching, Industrial Wireless, Utility and Field Area Networking Portfolio, LoRaWAN solution, Cybersecurity, Connectivity Management, Edge Computing and IoT Solutions. With these, we are positioned to accelerate IoT growth on a global scale – for ourselves, our partners and our customers.
We are looking for a Technical Engineer to join our Bangalore Team. The IoT Escalation Support team provides the highest level of technical support for technical issues which cannot be resolved through the normal Cisco Support process. We provide Technical support for Cisco IoT based products and solutions.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
As an Escalation Support Engineer you will provide remote expert level Technical assistance on a worldwide basis for the IoT products and Solutions to Cisco CX teams, customers and partners. As a part of this team, you are also empowered to work across departments including Engineering, Operations and Product Marketing and mobilize resources when necessary.
WHO YOU ARE
The ideal candidate has a real passion for technology and learning. An engineer with a bachelor's degree or Masters is required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering disciplines. Around 5 – 7 years of experience in providing remote troubleshooting to global customers either in the IoT/Routing/Switching, Serial, Cellular or Wireless technology area. You should have outstanding problem solving, analytical and organization skills with eye for detail.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Deliver expert level technical assistance and fixing for resolving critical customer hardware and software issues at a product and solution level including 3rd Party products in the solution.
- Applies analytical skills, tools and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity
- Effectively use moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems working collaborately with the development engineering team.
- Use professional expertise to identify and lead support initiatives to improve the supportability of processes and solutions
- Submit complete and correct software defect reports in their area of expertise
- Act as a technical expert and provides support on a worldwide basis
- Provide systems/product training both internally and externally and knowledge base material
- Document all actions taken toward resolving customer issues in customer contact tracking database and root cause analysis for internal and external consumption
- You can handle a wide range of technical support problems—from simple application or network configuration fixes to deeply complex solving and problem resolution
- Work with minimal supervision and exercise discernment within defined procedures to figure out appropriate action.
- You deliver solutions that lead to problem resolution or mitigation with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Effectively engage resources outside team to resolve issues which may include other technical support engineers, account teams, partners, and development engineers
- Available as consultant to assist engineer working on a case
- Available to work in Shifts.
YOU WILL HAVE
- CCIE Certification in RnS / Wireless / Security
- Strong understanding of IoT and computer networking industry, products and protocols.
- Experience in IoT technologies
- Strong understanding of the software and technology business driven by Cloud based solutions in Azure or AWS
- Familiar in LoRaWAN
- Familiar in open source Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins etc.
- Familiar in Data Stores, Security, Monitoring and Logging Applications.
- Familiar in application development in Linux and Docker.
- Familiar in SQL, REST API, data streaming processing/message broker ie Kafka and various programming languages such as Python, Java, C/C++
- familiar with Kibana, github and other tools to debug and analyze complex problems.
- Good analytical skills with excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently while responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with a variety of internal and customer facing audiences.
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.