IoT - Software Engineer – Java, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
Location : Bangalore, India
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
Cisco IoT Business Group - India Development Center was established recently with a strong dedication to heavily invest in the industry-leading Internet of Things solutions. Cisco recently took the global leadership position for Industrial Switching and Routing, and we are investing heavily to drive even further into IoT by delivering full-stack solutions to meet our customer’s business needs!
We are building smart, creative teams, tapping into the vast local talent, empowered to work on the latest, cutting-edge cloud technologies, micro-services-based architectures, DevOps, CI/CD methodologies and AI/ML based analytics platforms and solve business critical, challenging problems. This is the perfect time to join the world-class teams at the early stage of the India Development Center to help define, contribute, and craft the IoT Engineering India identity.
What you'll do
Building test driven, highly scalable collaboration micro services in the cloud and the edge with CI/CD and Agile Methodologies using one or more of below technologies and gain hands-on expertise
• Programming Languages: Advanced Java, RESTful API, DBMS.
• Platform: Linux, Docker
• CI/CD & Cloud Technologies: cloud micro services, Jenkins, Kubernetes
WHO You are:
• A Smart, Curious, Challenge-seeking Software Engineer
• Passionate about the Internet of Things, Cloud Micro-services, DevOps technologies, AI/ML/Analytics
• Willing to jump in, learn and contribute in a global team of awesome engineers
• Excellent coding skills in Java, RESTful API, DBMS, micrservices, docker, Kubernetes
• Experience in designing & developing cloud based software
• Experience working on Linux based Operating Systems
• Strong knowledge in Springboot, AWS. • Hands-on experience in agile
• Sound understanding in areas such as Algorithms, Data Structures
• Good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner
• Understanding in CI/CD tools like Git, Jenkins
• Experience in IOT domain
• IoT and Network Management experience in IT or OT environment is a plus
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.