This job posting has expired
Wireless and IoT Device Specialist
Location : Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Buckman is a privately held, global specialty chemical company with headquarters in Memphis, TN, USA, committed to safeguarding the environment, maintaining safety in the workplace, and promoting sustainable development. Buckman delivers exceptional service and innovative solutions to our customers globally in the pulp and paper, leather, and water treatment sectors to help boost productivity, reduce risk, improve product quality, and provide a measurable return on investment.
Buckman is seeking an IoT Specialist to develop & deploy new wireless sensors and edge devices for our Buckman Digital HUB. This individual also will be responsible for the Advanced technical support on IoT device, remote server management and networking.
- Translate consumer and enterprise business requirements into technology requirements for fixed wireless and IoT devices.
- Architecture design of FWA/IoT device and service ecosystem and Documentation of technology solutions for Fixed Wireless and IoT.
- Solution architecture and integration of IoT Device Management platform
- Evaluation and introduction of new wireless device technologies, features and services to meet business needs
- In-Field and In-Lab testing activities and device characterization
- Working with internal team (edge and software council) and external development partners to tee-up, develop, test and deploy wireless devices globally
- Working as a SME in our 24x7 digital support team and troubleshoot basic to advanced technical issues on Device Provisioning – Gateway, Sim service management, OTA firmware updates, Remote server management
- Work with OEM supplier and our business partners (Gateway, IoT sensor, Data service and contract manufacturer) to leverage their expert support and document the FAQ’s and best practices.
- Responsible to train the support team in India and elevate their skills in device management.
- BS in Engineering (Instrumentation, Electronics and Communication, Electrical, etc.) or Computer Science or equivalent work experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry
- SQL database, networking architecture, remote desktop, VPN, OTA updates
- Minimum 3 years of experience with respect to wireless devices and/or IoT device management, Networking, remote server management. Experience troubleshooting devices in LoRa, ZigBee and other wireless protocols.
- Good understanding of wireless device architecture and overall radio access network including common bands and carrier aggregation combinations including EN-DC combos
- Knowledge of FWA devices and overall antenna design considerations
- Familiar with wireless chipset solution and RF modem architecture
- Extensive experience working with module vendors, mobile devices and wearables
- A demonstrated record of success with a verifiable portfolio of problems.
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English and ability to work with global stakeholders effectively.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of the following technologies: 5G NR (NSA and SA), LTE, VoLTE, VoWiFi
- Good knowledge of diagnostic monitoring tools such as QXDM, Accuver, and Wireshark
- Strong desire to innovate and advance internal technologies and processes.
- Hands-on work experience with open-source data analytics toolsets such as R, Python, etc.
Preferred Personality Traits
- Strong planning and organization skills, with the ability to work on multiple complex projects
- A strong sense of ownership and inner self-drive to complete tasks allocated.
- A life-long learner who constantly updates skills
- Extrovert, who engages easily with others.