IoT Technical Solutions Architect
Location : North Sydney, Australia
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Mid Level
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more significant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities.
What You'll Do
As the IoT Technical Solutions Architect (TSA) you will be the technical authority for everything IoT in Cisco sales related activities. Your focus will be crafting solutions to meet customer business and operational needs, using our Industrial Networking hardware portfolio as well as Cisco IoT Software and Industrial Security offers.
You are expected to have a very solid technical baseline and a strong collaborative team culture for high impact in all interactions with Cisco customers and account teams. As IoT TSA you will also lead the Cisco technical community in your domain of responsibility.
Required focus activities for the IoT TSA role:
- Technical plan for your territory aligned with the IoT PSS
- Support PSS’s and account teams on new opportunity development, positioning while contributing to the technical account plan with a blueprint in customer’s digitization journey
- Communicate and educate generalist teams for key technical solutions, vertical designs/architectures, new product introductions
- Maintains a community of champion SE’s for continued enablement for scaling while influencing territory representation in SEVT’s, etc.
- Design and apply technical solutions and architectures working with the generalist SE’s
- Solution led selling based on Industrial CVD
- Deliver demo’s, PoC and PoV directly to customers or working with partners and/or CX
- Builds strong competitive technical expertise to support RFP’s for differentiation
- Manages a comprehensive personal demo environment to build skills, test solutions as well as helping generalists to build similar capabilities
- Support technical elements in APJC wide IoT sales campaigns
- Works with CXC, innovation center, etc teams to expand on IoT penetration in customer facing environments
- Drives/influences roadmap discussions with IoT BU, based on territory requirements; manages Aha! process.
- Works with customers and BE for EFT process, SEVT definition and preparation, etc
- Continuous self-education for technical and vertical excellence
- Become an authority in your area of interest, based on your rare talents and skillsets
- Think differently about common industry problems, and build creative solutions designed to shift customers in new directions
- Captivate and hold engaging, dynamic and technology-centric workshops designed to move a customer from wish list to solution architecture
- Speak on topics in areas of expertise at customer events, industry events, and symposiums
- Architect compelling pilots and concise, mind-changing demos using Cisco, partner, and customer technology to showcase the power of Cisco and IoT
Desired skill for the IoT TSA role:
- +5 years of experience with Industrial IoT
- Strong technical background in Networking (route/switch/wireless), Security and Software
- Strong field sales experience
- Experience working in multi cultural environments
- Experience presenting to large Executive level audiences
- Experience preparing high impact demos and workshops
- Being fluent in English
- Understanding of Manufacturing and other industrial verticals
- Experience as overlay sales professional
Who You'll Work With
As an IoT Technical Solutions Architect, you will partner with the IoT Sales Specialist and Cisco sales account teams, channel partners, and end customers to grow IoT sales revenue & drive new sales opportunities. You will collaborate across multiple business units (with obvious focus in IoT BU), sales organizations, industry verticals and customer teams to build elegant and complete IoT solutions.
Who You Are
You are a savvy technical sales engineer who loves finding complex solutions for customers. You are a thinker, creator, leader, and a maker when it comes to map business requirements to Cisco IoT technical solutions. You don’t rest until you tackle the customer problem and the deal is won. You're passionate about working with bleeding-edge IoT technologies in a highly collaborative environement and you are an authority in industrial networking and industrial security pre-sales activities.
In addition you will:
- Love to work hard to support your sales partner and work hand-in-hand with product management.
- Feel very comfortable in fast changing environments and you’re good in ambiguous situations.
- Have high energy, a can-do attitude. You never break down and resilience is your second name.
- You have a start-up mentality at heart, you’re ready to roll-up your sleeves and get things done regardless of your assigned level or task.
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data travelling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and size to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognise our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.