Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Full Stack Developer – Digitalization
Siemens – Digital Grid: The business unit has a full stack application developer position with a focus on growing our digitalization initiative in the area of Secondary Distribution Automation. This individual works in a matrixed organization consisting of other business unit teams that are implementing a division-wide initiative centered on digitalization. This position is responsible for acting as the Development expert on Application topics as it relates to digitalization and may be also engaged in customer-facing activities to target, develop and close specific digitalization opportunities.
We are forming a passionate group of solution innovators, UX devotees, techies, data scientists/AI experts, software lovers, AR/VR experts, visual artists, and architects, working in a lean startup concept. We strive to solve complex problems in various domains ranging from industry, energy, mobility and buildings to smart cities by applying methods and principles of data analytics, artificial intelligence, simulations, and interactive visualization. We are looking for equally passionate techies to join us in this exciting journey of finding solutions to some non-trivial challenges of the always connected peta-byte world.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will be responsible for Design of software solutions based on requirements and within the constraints of architectural /design guidelines.
- You will have to derive software requirements and software functional specification, validate software requirements, provide software feasibility analysis and software effort estimation.
- You should identify potential harmony and for re-use of components / technology.
- You will be responsible for the accurate translation of software architecture into design and code.
- You will guide Scrum team members on all design topics & implementation consistency against the design/architecture
- You will be involved in coding of features and/or bug-fixing and delivering solutions adhering to coding and quality guidelines, for self-owned components
- You will guide the team in test automation design and towards implementation of the same
- You will be collaborating with globally located teams.
- You will participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products.
What does it take me to qualify for this job?
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from a reputed institute.
- Grass-root experience of 4 - 8 years in solving complex problems and developing end to end application stack.
- Solid knowledge in at least one major programming language and computing platform viz. Typescript / JS / Python / Java / Go.
- Solid knowledge of either front-end technology viz. Angular/React/Vue, Bootstrap, HTML/CSS/JS.
- You should have experience in REST API/GraphQL development with technologies like Express & NodeJS / Flask & Python.
- You need to have experience in dB services like PostgreSQL / NoSQL, knowledge of processing large volume timeseries data is preferred.
- Should be familiar with hybrid/native mobile app development life cycle and relevant technologies viz. Ionic / Cordova, Android Studio, XCode, knowledge of process of publishing apps on Google Play Store and Apple App Store is desired.
- You should have exposure to Test automation frameworks like Jasmine and Protractor and should be able to perform test automation design for Unit Testing, Integration Testing and E2E Tests.
- Hands-on experience with source code control and application lifecycle management systems viz. Jira / Azure DevOps, Git.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipeline is required. Hands on with AWS/Azure, PaaS technologies like CloudFoundry / Kubernetes and Docker are highly preferred.
- Following qualities will be an added advantage:
- Strong focus to deliver quality in every work aspect, utilizing tools to monitor, analyze and enhance software code base, understanding of agile development approaches.
- Proven experience applying and thorough understanding of software design patterns and principles.
- Ability to choose and apply proven architectural patterns for concurrency and distribution
- Exposure to disruptive technologies like blockchain
- Strong oral and written communication.
You would not like to miss a challenging and rewarding career with our R&D team!
If you can spend half a day in our lab and extensive hands-on exercise is an enjoyable task for you, just apply to start an interesting session with us!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time