This job posting has expired
IoT Observability Support Engineer_ Python, Grafana, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux
Location : Offsite, Bangalore, India
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Senior Level
Who We Are
The Internet-of-Things (IoT) is now in its hyper-growth phase and Cisco-Jasper is the pioneer and leader in IoT platforms.
Cisco has the industry-leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) IoT platform that enables companies of all sizes to rapidly and cost-effectively launch, manage and monetize IoT services on a global scale. When an enterprise evolves to embrace IoT, it transforms into much more than a product business. It becomes a service business, capable of automatically managing customers' entire IoT service lifecycle, delivering increased customer value and unlocking new sources of revenue. More than 3,500 companies, including many of the world's top brands, choose Cisco-Jasper to fast-track their IoT services.
What You'll Do
You’ll be working as a support engineer on the Observability team which supports all Platform Services and Infrastructure. Our goal is to establish, streamline and standardize all monitoring, metrics and alerting to reduce time to root cause, improve service health, and provide a single pane of glass system that scales with our business.
As an Observability Support Engineer, you will be a data steward who bridges the gaps between what the service is reporting and how it’s consumed. Because you love good data and readable metrics, you’ll always look for ways to refine and improve dashboard visualizations, and work to constantly enrich our monitoring and alerting ecosystem.
- Troubleshooting connectivity to various data sources, data pipelines and plugins
- Assessing performance issues with queries, visualizations, and alerting (PromQL, LogQL)
- Provide web app instrumentations and prebuilt dashboards and alerts for common use cases.
Who You Are
- Take pride and have a genuine interest in researching the holistic Observability landscape (e.g., Application Performance Monitoring, IT Operations, IT Service Intelligence, Real User Monitoring, Synthetic Monitoring, etc.), including current and emerging tactical and strategic trends.
- Experience communicating cross-functionally and solving problems
- Troubleshooting and analytical experience
- Familiarity with Agile development principles
- Strong desire to understand the business problems that our technology is created to solve
- Work with Engineering customers to understand new requirements and address them in a scalable and efficient manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT practices, etc., or equivalent practical experience, and the desire to learn continuously once onboard
- 5+ Years of experience in a Support Engineer role in cloud environment using Linux.
- 3+ year experience in supporting modern cloud native stack such as Kubernetes, docker containers, Kafka, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in visualization/monitoring stacks such as Grafana, Grafana Cloud Stack (Prometheus, Loki, Tempo etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in supporting SAML based integrations of various apps.
- 2+ years of experience in troubleshooting /supporting modern web application issues and work with profilers, debuggers, bundlers, and testing libraries.
- 2+ years of experience in establishing effective and proactive monitoring and troubleshooting of infrastructure to avoid incidents.
- Having automation first mindset with knowledge of query, and scripting languages, including Python, PromQL, SQL and familiarity with REST API calls
- Knowledge & Experience in UI frameworks like Angular and/or react would be a plus
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data traveling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges, and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and sizes to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.