Functional Engineer IOT
Location : Location: Pune, IN
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
© 2023 Akzo Nobel N.V. All rights reserved.
1. Purpose of the job
As the Service Manager IoT you make sure your IOT solutions are performing well, have high availability, kept up to date with feature requests and support an increased use and adoption. You will make this possible with the external IoT support team you manage and working together with internal IT teams.
Performance Portal is a self-developed web portal and is a central platform across all manufacturing units for tracking OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) trends. This central portal of reporting and analytics uses data coming directly from the IOT shop floor functions and production units. This enables tracking production performance and KPIs.
Another application is the Energy Portal where energy consumption data is captured from manufacturing sites into an Azure SQL database, providing real-time visualization of energy consumption in PowerBI.
To be able to run these solutions we also manage the supporting platforms on Azure like IoT Hub, SQL DB, Service Bus and Azure functions. We also support the functionality of Edge servers and Data Concentrators which make the data flow possible to and from the manufacturing units.
Because local IT, specific for the manufacturing site, can have a big impact on our service is basic infrastructure knowledge very helpful.
The support vendor is responsible for incidents resolution, service request fulfilment, software development of feature requests of the applications.
2. Key responsibilities
- Ensure efficient and effective process between users and support vendor. Guide users and stakeholders with questions, issues and escalations
- Measure contract performance and ensure service levels are met as per contractual agreement.
- Arrange and improve internal IT services that are required for the support vendor to deliver their services.
- Responsible to resolve vulnerabilities found by the Security or Server team.
- Support contract renewals in terms of content of the service and related budget impact
- Perform service introductions to manufacturing sites to initiate support.
- Keep customer satisfaction on a high level.
Support a project manager by taking ownership of specific project deliverables (specifications, config, testing, etc.). Define, plan, manage and participate in assigned project deliverables from the own functional or technical domain, in accordance with the IT project manager and involved business project owners. Resulting in, efficient and effective realization of project deliverables.
3. Job requirements
- Service delivery management experience
- Basic understanding of on-premise firewalls, switches and servers.
- Solid communication and stakeholder management
- Experience in manufacturing IT environment is a plus
- Ability to build relations across stakeholder (business users, engineers, developers, dependent departments, steerco members) and influence.
- Self-driven and motivated to reach success.
- Experience in Agile working is a plus
- Strong communicator
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.